A Pre-Finals Week Drugstore Haul

So much like my fellow Broke Girl, Rachel, I somehow found myself inside the wonderful world that is Target. And less than 24 hours found myself inside Wal-Mart. Though I went in for a purpose, I came out with way more than what I came for. But obviously buying new beauty products is crucial to my success during finals week. 

TARGET

 Boots Expert Anti-Blemish Concealer Duo, $6.29
I picked this up because I needed a new spot concealer. Though I love my Covergirl Fresh Complexion Under Eye Concealer, it was not made for covering up spots, as the name suggests (but hey it never hurts to try right?!). Anyway, I saw this and decided to try it out since it's a two-step process with a treatment and concealer. My biggest concern about this product was that it didn't come in shades, but luckily with some blending it works for my skin, so be warned, if you're more than 2 shades darker than me, this product might not work well for you! I quite like the blemish treatment as it is a light liquid in roller ball form (though the smell could use a little work). I have only used the concealer one time, and it is extremely thick, so I'm not sure how well this product and I will get along but I will keep you updated as I continue to use it! 



Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Snappy Sorbet & Clearly Quick, on sale for $2.98
While getting lost in the cosmetic section, I stumbled upon an end cap display of two packs of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri line that was on sale. I've been on the hunt for a good orange nail polish as I feel like it will be a summer staple for me. I haven't tried it on my nails yet, but the color in the bottle is a gorgeous sorbet orange. I also quite like the brushes on these polishes as they remind me of the Wet 'N Wild Mega Last polishes, which is one of my favorite polish lines with a low price tag! 




Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Nude Lustre, on sale for $1.79
As I was perusing the Revlon stand, I spotted the second to last tube of this left, and when Revlon lip glosses typically retail for $7-$9, I had to pick up this color simply for the deal! I'm a big fan of nude lips, so it was a good thing I liked the color. I tried on the color after buying it and I quite enjoy it, though I'm not a lip gloss girl by any means so we'll see how often it gets worn!





WALMART
Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in 890 Neon Red & 860 Pink Pop, $5.50 each                                                                     
In a late-night YouTube watching session last night, I watched Jaclyn Hill's giant Chicago haul video (by the way, if you don't watch her channel, you should! She's super sweet, entragetic and down-to-earth and has great tutorials! Find her channel here) I was inspired to run out and buy a couple of these as soon as I could. I had heard other YouTubers rave about these (namely Estee from Essiebutton) and decided to break down and try out a few colors. I picked up Neon Red & Pink Pop. Neon Red is a gorgeous red color, that Jaclyn was wearing in her video, and I decided I needed it. Pink Pop kind of reminds me of MAC's Candy Yum-Yum which I have had my eye on for months but haven't had the guts to drop $15 on. I also really wanted to pick up Shocking Coral, but it was too similar to my Rimmel London by Kate Moss in shade 06, to justify buying. 



NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in 720A Sunny, $2.88
This is a one of those products that you hear everyone in the beauty community rave about and I finally cracked and bought it for myself. Though I have a bronzer in my E.L.F. duo, it's a shimmer bronzer which I didn't want to use all over my face, so I grabbed this knowing it was matte and that everyone loves it. I swatched it on my wrist after purchasing and it seems like it will be a good all over bronzer for the summer before I get darker from my self-tan (which I will post/make a video about sometime soon!) so I'm super excited to try this product out!


Revlon Nail Enamel in 280 Bubbly, $3.97 
If you don't know, I love my Revlon polishes! With the exception of course of their top coat line (read about that here). As I was looking through the display, I was originally going to grab Zealous, a gorgeous, neon green/yellow with shimmer. But then I saw Bubbly and couldn't resist. It's a beautiful bubble-gum pink that's a perfect transition color for spring to summer!


Revlon Nail Enamel in 571 Posh, $3.97
My fellow Broke Girls know I have had my eye on this color ever since it came out in Revlon's new release months ago. I FINALLY GOT IT GUYS. This color is a fantastic green. I'm not even sure what words to use to describe it, but I have a feeling it will be living on my nails for quite a while, especially in the fall semester! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment