On Repeat #3

RACHEL
Fineshrine - Purity Ring
     Yet again, I find myself marveling at Canada this week. Firstly, for producing Ryan Gosling. Duh. Secondly (and slightly more relevant to this post) for putting out my recent obsession – electronic duo Purity Ring. I finally replaced the piece of shit tape converter in my car, and I’ve played essentially nothing else for two weeks. Cue me being a douchebag and turning it up way too loud in traffic. The lyrics read a little more than creepy at times, and Fineshrine is no exception. But hey, I appreciate that. We can’t all sing about dancing like we’re 22. Besides, who doesn’t want someone to build a metaphorical shrine of love for them? I’m down. They’ve even covered Soulja Boy, so this lady and gentleman tick all the boxes for me. Really, what I’m trying to say is, check out deez beatz!

TESSA
Fame Is For Assholes [F.I.F.A] - Hoodie Allen feat. Chiddy Bang

This week I have found myself listening to nothing but Hoodie Allen, Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky. So one of them had to be chosen for this weeks on repeat but I found myself hitting play on Hoodie Allen's Crew Cuts just a little bit more than the others. His music is fantastic, and he isn't bad eye candy either [think Sam Adams, but better music]. I chose FIFA because it's probably one of his more well-known songs off the mix tape, and I also love me some Chiddy. Plus, how could you not love this song? But in all honesty there's not a bad song on this mix tape, or on any of his albums. So if you haven't checked him out before I highly suggest you do so... like now. 


TORI
Never Heal Myself- Cults
To be quite honest, I haven't listened to much else from Cults. However, that hasn't stopped this song from being played nonstop this week. Located in a playlist I made on Spotify (ohhh, playlist, how creative), this song plays out angst as well as invoking some self confidence. In the same respect as Blood Orange's Dinner, this upbeat song catches you and tricks you into not feeling so bad about wanting a certain someone to die unhappy. Starting out a bit passive aggressively, the tune and especially the ending lyrics leave you crazy sassy for hours.


 
KAYLEY
Totally Fucked - Spring Awakening
So, this is a bit of a change from my past two on repeats. I've told you about Marina and Best Coast. This time I am going to tell you about more of my love for broadway. One of my favorite shows is Spring Awakening (any gleeks would be happy to know this is where Lea Michele really got her name). It's sort of an "edgier" musical. Yet, one of my favorite songs from it is "Totally Fucked". It's a song that is super easy to listen to if you're feeling, well, Fucked. One of my favorite lines from it is"There's a moment you know You're fucked Not an inch more room To self destruct" I think we all can understand that feeling.




JEN

Crown on the Ground - Sleigh Bells
So I first heard this song on the trailer for The Bling Ring, a film coming out directed by Sofia Coppola which I could NOT be more excited for. This song is so catchy I can't even handle it. To most people it may just sound like noise but I think it's sassy and makes me want to come home and hang out with my Broke Girls and do crazy college things. Check it out, you'll understand what I mean!
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment