Review | Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat

     When I was on the hunt for a new, cheap top coat, I checked out Revlon's line (per the suggestion of fellow Broke Girl, Rachel). I usually love Revlon's nail polish line, as it's reasonably priced and typically pretty good quality, but I could not have been more disappointed in this top coat.

Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, $4.97 at Walmart Stores

It does deliver a stunning finish that I'm quite the fan of, but the staying power isn't anything I would have expected. My work is pretty rough on my hands since I have to wash them all the time, so some chipping is acceptable in that case. I was fairly upset when I started noticing that if I painted my nails and later took a shower, I would come out with chips on them, which is not acceptable, especially when most of the time it was less than 24 hours after I painted them (as I'm typing this I'm waiting for touch up polish on three nails to dry).

Overall, I'm very disappointed in this product, and in Revlon for putting it out as I expected more. This is not a product that I will be repurchasing, so it looks like I'm back on the market for a new top coat!

Let me know in the comments below if you have any suggestions for a good top coat, or your opinions on this product if you've used it before!

xx
Tessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment