Basic Eyeliners

     Happy Wednesday (and last day of April, and 10-year anniversary of Mean Girls)!

     Today I have a quick post on what basic eyeliner combinations I use on a pretty consistent basis. I tend to wear pencil eyeliner on more natural days. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll put on liquid eyeliner. I tend to stay away from gel eyeliner mostly because I've never used it and I don't use twist-up eyeliners very often because I don't like the application as much as pencils.
     I'm a pretty normal girl - I fluctuate between black and brown eyeliner. During fall and winter months I probably wear more black just because it's too harsh in the summer and I like the dramatic look during that time of year. When I wear just the pencil, I use Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in Onyx ($19). I find that this pencil has great lasting power and blends well. When I want to wear liquid eyeliner, my personal favorite is Cailyn Idefine Liquid Eyeliner ($18). I received this in a Wantable box last semester and have been obsessed with it since. I believe it's the best liquid eyeliner I've found so far.

     For brown eyeliners, my tried and true pencil eyeliner is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil ($20) in Demolition. This is a dark brown (but distinctively not black) pencil that keeps my eyes looking natural on more low-key days. If I feel like a little more flair but still maintaing a chill makeup vibe, I use my Stila Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown ($20). Many people swear by this liquid eyeliner but I personally find the felt tip can become a little worn down. When I run out of this product, I may look into more colors in the Cailyn brand.

Well, that's all for me today! Catch y'all later.

xx
Jenny

0 comments:

Post a Comment