Alloy Eyes

   
     Out of necessity, my morning makeup routine is quite elementary. I’m not one to employ the ranks of several eyeshadows for a single look. Instead, I opt for simple, yet effective products that don’t skimp on longevity. Cream eye shadow is the answer to my cosmetic prayers. A subtle wash of bronze is a fail-safe option, and I have two I rely upon.

     Now that I’ve acquired a few of MAC’s cream bases, or ProLongwear Paint Pots, they’ve become a staple in my makeup arsenal. Indianwood is an orange-based bronze, which isn't done justice in photos. I use it alone, blended a little through the crease and taken along the bottom lash line for added definition. For full opacity, fingers work best (though I do use the Real Techniques Brow Brush for the lash line).  If you’d prefer a sheer metallic wash, a fluffy blending brush will do the job. I find synthetic bristles work best with cream products. However, natural bristles will do in a pinch. To up the shimmer, I also enjoy throwing on a bit of Urban Decay’s Half Baked, just at the center of the lid.

     On the budget end of things, Sonia Kashuk offers the same effect for less. The Pearlescence Longwear Creme in Tiger’s Eye is a nice alternative to my earlier mention. Though a slightly more icy bronze once on the lid, opacity is adjustable and creasing is held at bay. Fingers or a brush will blend this out equally well, but the texture is a little lighter than a Paint Pot so more layers may be required.

xx
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment