On Repeat #43


TESSA
Switch - Will Smith
     An oldie but a goodie, yet again. Though this hasn't been on my radar all of this week, it definitely caught my attention perusing my Throwbacks playlist and I suddenly remembered my love affair for Will Smith. His 1997 album "Big Willie Style" was one of my favorites for a long while. We'll ignore the hideously tacky 90's name and the fact that I was only 4 when it was released. Anyway, this is one of those songs that you can turn on and I'll still call it my jam, even nearly 10 years after its release. And I'm now realizing how truly old I am getting. If you've forgotten about Will - firstly how dare you - go rediscover him and I promise you won't be disappointed.


TORI
If You Still Want Me- Veronica Falls
     I'm pretty sure Spotify radio was to thank for this one. Veronica Falls kind of sounds like the Dum Dum Girls mixed with The Bird and The Bee. That makes sense because one of Spotify's related artists were the Dum Dum Girls, so, go me. I've been trying to get through the whole album this week but find myself only listening to "If You Still Want Me" and "My Heart Beats." They are probably the most upbeat tunes in terms of rhythm on this album. This band has a nice balance between female and male vocals that makes them a bit more interesting compared to other bands I've been listening to lately.


RACHEL
Stone in Love - Journey
      We've had this blog nearly a year now, and I have never posted Journey?! Heinous, really. I know I say this essentially every time I choose a song, but I needed something upbeat to get me through midterms. Journey is obviously the only logical choice (and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen but liking that song just means I'm human). I've quite enjoyed a bit of classic/progressive rock lately. Ozzy Osbourne has even snuck his way onto my playlist. But if you need something kitschy and awesome, look no further. Belt this out in the car and I guarantee your day will be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment