5 Under $5


Sometimees I feel like I neglect the name of the blog. A lot of products that I talk about are far from budget friendly. I have nothing against drugstore products, I just get extremely caught up in the packaging and the hype of higher end products. I thought in this post I would show some love for the products that are budget friendly and that don't skip on quality.

ELF | Lip Lock Pencil ($3.00)
In all honesty, this is my absolute favorite ELF product. I have been using this for as long as I have been interested in makeup. It keeps your lipstick from feathering or moving around and definitely helps the staying power of anything you are wearing. That leads to less touch-ups and overall frustration that sometimes goes along with the whole shindig.

NYX | Jumbo Eye Pencil ($4.49)
I own two of these. I own Iced Mocha and Milk. I love using Iced Mocha as a base color and Milk as a brow highlighter or in my waterline. I typically use a primer under Iced Mocha just to ensure that it doesn't crease or smudge. These blend in easily and I love the consistency of the product.

Revlon | Colorstay Nail Enamel ($4.99)
You guys should know by now that Revlon is probably my favorite drugstore brand. I think I say that about every time I mention it,  oops. They're nail polishes are no exception, they are a nice quality without the price of Essie or ahem Deborah Lippmann (although I would own all her polishes if I could). I have never had an issue with any nail polish I have purchased by this brand and they usually have a really nice color range as well.

Maybelline | Color Whisper Lipcolor ($4.74)
For a little bit cheaper than the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, the Color Whisper Lipcolor offers a nice range of colors. I actually think I like them better than the Revlon Colorburst (I'm sensing a comparison post coming your way). These are extremely pigmented for a drugstore lip color. I own Made-It Mauve and Berry Ready and would reccommend them both.

Revlon | Colorstay Blemish Concealer ($4.28)
I have had a love/ hate relationship with concealers. I love the idea of concealer but have yet to find one that I am massively obsessed with. That being said, this concealer is the best one I have found and for a pretty good price. I don't really use it as a blemish concealer though. I usually just pat this in with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and it tones down any redness I may have.

What are your favorite budget friendly products?
xx Tori

0 comments:

Post a Comment