The Beauty Briefcase

     This is one for all you working ladies. When it comes to work makeup the words “rushed” and “slapdash” come to mind. Functioning in the morning is enough of a chore, so looking presentable is a real feat. So, I’ve curated a capsule collection of sorts that will see me through early mornings.

BASE
     I tend to switch this up based on my current skin condition and my preference for the day. Lately though I’ve been enjoying mixing a small amount of Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse with CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. This duo offers light, natural coverage and keeps my skin hydrated in spite of central heating and air conditioning.

EYES | CHOCOLATE LINER + NUDE SHIMMER
     Typically I skip a complicated eye look, as that requires too much coordination for 6:30 in the morning. Instead I turn to Rimmel’s Kohl Kajal liner, smudge along the top and bottom lashline and slightly winged out. This subtly (and quickly) defines my eyes, lasts all day, and is suitable for a work environment. For a little added dimension, I sweep Stila’s Kitten across the lid. Of course I finish with mascara, but I hoard them so my stash is always evolving.

CHEEKS
     Blush is another area where I don’t have a solid go-to, but I usually stick to powder as it lasts better. For a muted option, I’d recommend Revlon Naughty Nude. If you prefer a brighter hue Tarte’s Flush is beyond beautiful – and is subtle enough to remain professional.

LIPS | GLOSSY + NATURAL
     Now, from time to time I do spring for a bright color on the lips. For work, I just keep the face simple: a swipe of mascara and a pinch of blush. However, most days I’ve been turning to L’Oreal Color Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in 101 Rose Melody. It evens out texture, hydrates, and adds the perfect pink flush to the lips. Plus, reapplication is a breeze.

What is in your beauty briefcase?

xx
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment