Review | Maybelline Color Whisper vs. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

 
      In my last post, I mentioned both of these products. They are pretty similar in packaging and formula and I thought a comparison post would do nicely for them. Maybelline advertises this product as a gel with pigments for see-through color. The Revlon Lip Butter claims to be a gel-like butter that gives a sheer color to the lips. I was actually kind of confused because I didn't really think of these products as gels.
     I own two of the Maybelline Color Whisper Lip Colors; Made-it Mauve and Berry Ready. I absolutely love Made-it Mauve. It is a perfect nude color for me. It's not super light and doesn't have a lot of brown tones, so it doesn't make my skin look muddy. The formula of this is really nice. I don't feel like I need a lip balm under it like I do with matte lipsticks (or lipsticks in general). That being said, I do use my ELF Lip Lock Pencil to help with staying power. I've noticed that with using that, it stays on for about an hour and half.
    The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter is just as moisturizing as the Color Whisper Lip Colors. I will say that the color on these is a lot more sheer. The Maybelline lip colors are extremely pigmented, so if you are wanting a vivid shade but something pretty sheer, I would go for the Revlon product. I use the ELF Lip Lock Pencil with this product as well and it has about the same lasting power.




0 comments:

Post a Comment