Review | Adorn Nail Polish

Hello loves!
So a couple weeks ago I said in a video I had something really cool planned for next week. And by next week I obviously meant a few weeks later. Whoops. Anyway, it was to introduce you to this brand: Adorn Nail Polish. Now, if you've never heard of Adorn, don't worry I didn't either until they followed our blog account on Twitter and I was very intrigued to learn more and test out some products.  

Adorn is based out of Orange County, CA and is a cruelty-free, vegan brand. Their products are free of formaldehyde, toulene, DBP, and formaldehyde resin. Which kind of makes me think of them as the Origins of nail polish (and you know how much I love my Origins). You can definitely tell that they are environmentally friendly and do it in the cutest way possible. I mean seriously, shredded texts as padding in the boxes? Too cute. They came in a small package, each in their own little box similar to what Birchbox does with their smaller samples. 
I painted my nails with Violet Moon and it lasted about four days without a top coat, which was beyond impressive to me, especially considering my nail polish usually chips within about 24 hours. Violet Moon had a very nice creme finish and was completely opaque in two coats. It's a wonderful grey-toned purple color that I think will definitely be living on my nails throughout the fall and winter. I even painted my nails with it again after the first time, just because I couldn't get over how much I loved it. 
L'Age d'Or is a gorgeous metallic, shimmery gold color. What I loved most about this one was the fact that it wasn't a glitter polish that had a glitter finish, so it wasn't impossible to get off. It took me about 3 coats to get it as opaque as I wanted it to be, but I think it would be a beautiful top coat over a neutral nail and would also make a great accent nail color, on it's own or layered. This didn't have as good of staying power as Violet Moon, and I think that's just because it's a metallic shade and those tend to chip a bit easier and show more wear. 

Overall, I really loved these polishes. They had a good staying power, the formulation was on point and the brush was the perfect size if you ask me. I also never quite got over the shipping packaging. These may be my first two Adorn polishes, but I don't think they'll be my last. 

These polishes retail for $11 on adornnails.com. 
Follow them on twitter (@AdornNails) and us of course (@FiveBrokeGirls) or me (@tessamiller_) if you guys want more! 
xx
Tessa

ps - Sorry for the lack of a swatch for L'Age d'Or, I completely forgot to take photos when I had it on ): 


0 comments:

Post a Comment