The No Make Up Menu

For those mornings when you just don't want to put in effort, or you're running late (I'm out of bed with only 15 minutes to get out the door: A novel, by yours truly), and you don't want to skip make-up all together.. Enter: the no make up, make up look. These are the product I immediately pull from my stash and slap on real quick, or throw in a make up bag to do on my way or when I arrive at my destination.

I like to keep my base pretty light on these kind of days. It's nice to give my skin a break from a full face of make up and I also don't have to worry about touch ups. I've raved enough about the Physician's Formula Organic Wear Powder, and you've even seen it in action so I don't think that needs much explanation. It's a great product, I just buff this on with the Real Techniques Buffing brush all over and my base is set. Another go to of mine is Josie Maran's Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation. I picked up a sample of this when I got my Color IQ done at Sephora and I've fallen in love with it. It starts off white and ends up the perfect color and gives just the right amount of coverage. I can never get away without doing my under eye area, so depending on how bad my darkness is, I'll go in with Covergirl Fresh Effects in Classic Ivory, or Maybelline's Dream Lumi in Radiant, or sometimes both.

Since I'm white as a ghost, I have to give my face a little bit of color as to not look like the walking dead. NYC's Sunny Bronzer is a cult product for a reason. I use this with the Real Techniques Contour brush for a slight contour. I then finish up with NYX blush in Spice, a gorgeous dusty rose/pink color (swatches in my Fall Edit video), that gives a great natural flush to my face.

As far as eyes go, I keep it pretty simple. I line my waterline with Rimmel London's ScandalEyes in Nude to brighten up my eyes and make me look a bit more awake than I might actually be. I top off with either Benefit's They're Real mascara or Maybelline's Great Lash, both in black. They're Real gives a lot of volume, and Great Lash keeps things really natural looking. Depending on my mood, or where I'm going I'll choose accordingly.

Last but not least, I keep my brows natural and just keep them in place with Maybelline's Great Lash in Clear.

Comment, subscribe and tweet us to tell us what you would love to see from us!

Til next week!
xx
Tessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment