Changes to my skincare routine | Tori

After I mistakenly browsed Caroline Hirons blog, I was absolutely positive, and slightly anxious, that what I was using was not up to par. So I took a little jaunt down to Walgreens after work and bought some new products. For a drugstore, Walgreens has some prettayy solid stuff. I knew after talking to Rachel that I need a serum to add to my moisturizer. So that had already been on my list, I just needed a new nighttime cleanser and a new moisturizer. I was having some severe anxiety about the cleanser I had been using because it did foam a bit, even though it didn't have any mineral oil or parabens, it did have sulfates and that just can't do.


On to what I bought...
Burt's Bees Radiance Cleanser: I really like this from what I've used of it. It doesn't strip my skin and make it feel dry. The consistency is that of a milk cleanser which is really nice. Unlike one of the cleansers I have used before it does not have any sulfates in it. This is now the cleanser I use when I double wash my face. It also does really make my skin look nice and radiant.

Eclos Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream: I noticed this for two reasons. Firstly, I hadn't heard of this brand before. Secondly, regenerative, does this make me the next doctor? I kid, I kid. Anyway, this is labeled as both an AM and PM moisturizer. Without mineral oil, this cream gets its powers from Apple Stem Cells, which I think is pretty nifty. I really like it so far, but it does not have any SPF in it, but that's fine because I typically use this at night. If I do use this in the morning then I put on SPF as an extra step.

Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-on: After reading on Caroline's blog, I knew I needed an eye cream. This is perfect in the mornings because it's cool and really does wake up my eyes. I put this on before my moisturizer, per advice from Goddess Hirons. I really love the Simple brand, my two other trusty cleansers are from Simple as well. I did notice, however, that it did burn a bit the first time I used it. I'm not sure if it is because my skin is so dry or what. I haven't had that happen again, so who knows.

Seventh Generation Boosts Serum in Hydrating: I know Rachel uses one of these serums and so it must be okay since she's pretty picky about skincare like I am. I added just a drop to my hand that already had a bit of my moisturizer on it and then rubbed it until it was mixed. I was a bit unsure about it because at first my face felt a little bit greasy. That being said, when I woke up this morning my face felt ridiculously soft and hydrated and oh my lord. Definitely a fan.

Y'all should really check out Caroline Hirons bible of a blog/website and share which products made the cut!
xx Tori

0 comments:

Post a Comment