Product of the Day | Neutral Eye Cream Shadows

Hellerr again, folks. Long time no see... (jokes, I posted on Saturday). Today I decided to review a basic, common product: a neutral cream eye shadow. I have three in my personal collection but am yearning for two others that I will also discuss.

From top left clockwise: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded, Smashbox Limitless 15-Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Topaz, and Benefit Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit

Maybelline Color Tattoo: This is my favorite of the the three as far as color. It provides a neutral (not necessarily warm- or cool-toned) wash of champagne on the lid. It brightens my eyes on days when I'm feeling too lazy to actually use eyeshadow but still looks nice. However, I don't believe the formula is that great. Although it is the newest of the three, it has become slightly cakey in the pot and can sometimes be difficult to blend out evenly. Overall, it's pretty great for a drugstore purchase.

Smashbox: This is the one I use when I'm looking for a very natural look. It is almost spot on the same shade as my skintone so it blends in and provides just the teensiest bit of shimmer so my eyes aren't completely naked. This is also my favorite formula of the three.. so creamyyy. Ugh, that sounds weird. Oh well.

Benefit: The problem with the purchase is that the color is too cool-toned for my complexion. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it because I pretty much never use it. I'm only mentioning it because I do love the formula and lasting power. It also leads me to the next section of this post....

WISHLIST:

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP
     I've had my eye on this glorious cream shadow since Rachel purchased it forever ago. I did buy it at one point but somehow messed it up (I don't remember, it was a long time ago) and my life hasn't been the same since. It is the most perfect champagne color for my yellow undertones and green eyes and is probably going to be included in one of my next Sephora hauls when I'm no longer broke.

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
     I think it's either Tessa or Tori who just purchased this Paint Pot and I've been lusting after it ever since. I've been using more matte shades recently and this is the perfect base for those or just by itself when I'm looking for a natural look or for dramatic winged eyeliner. Unfortunately, MAC is a black hole that I usually try to avoid for the sake of my wallet, so I don't know when this purchase will happen.

Well that's all for me today! Hope your Monday is going as well as mine... for a Monday.

xx
Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment