Miracle Product | Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser




So I know it's been a while since I did a product review. The truth is, I've been broke. *surprise* But along came a point where I ran out of makeup removing wipes so I had to make a trip to Target which is always a dangerous trek. This time I did some research before buying because my skin tends to get really dry during the winter and requires adamant attention to ward off flakiness. Last winter, I used LUSH's Skin Drink which is made from potatoes and is probably the heaviest cream I've ever used (or seen) for your face. I contemplated buying that again but at about $23 a pop I was hesitant since I can't even afford to buy coffee creamer. I live a sad life.

What came out of this research was a consistent recommendation of using cold cream to remove face makeup. I don't know about the rest of you, but I associate cold cream with my grandmother and the 1940s. It seemed like a very foreign concept to me and I assumed it would be difficult to get my hands on. Lo and behold, Pond's sells a tried and true formula at Target! I assume you could also find it at CVS, Walgreens, etc. This tub is about the size of my hand and cost $5. FIVE. DOLLARS. For a tub. Unheard of. I've had it for a week and haven't even made a dent in it.

In addition to the most beautiful price-tag I've had the blessing to behold, this stuff really works. I usually remove my eye makeup with a small cotton pad and then use my fingers to scoop out about a quarter size portion of this cream. I then spread a thin layer of it over my face. You don't need to rub it in or make a completely opaque layer but make sure it's enough to actually do something. Taking a towel that I ran under warm-hot water, I remove the cream gently and voila, my face has no more makeup. It's truly magic. And not only does it gently remove all my makeup, it makes my face as soft as a baby's ass. No joke, I made my roommates feel my face and they were just as impressed.

So seriously dudes, check it out. This cream will change your life.

Until Monday,
xx
Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment