Review | Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner

I'm sure we've all seen the Wen infomercials and all of the miraculous before and after pictures. That being said, we've all seen the price too. Not that pretty for a small bottle, but hey, it's a 5-in-1 product. Typically when it comes to hair, anything that acts as a 2-in-1 freaks me out because that means my hair will turn into a birds nest. Wen claims to be cleansing while leaving hair more manageable, less frizzy, and more moisturized after just one use, with the best results in three weeks. With my hair being so short, I wake up in the mornings looking something of a disheveled Jimmy Neutron and have to wash my hair every morning in order to style it. From washing my hair every three days when it was long, to every day, my hair has dried up and been left for dead. I've tried hair masks and deep conditioning treatments but found they really only helped for a day. I was desperate for another alternative. Hence my purchase of a $32 bottle of Wen.


On to the review
     At Sephora, I was told to buy the Fig Cleansing Conditioner since my main complaint was dryness. I should have chosen differently because it smells like old school cough syrup. It kind of smells like some cruel chemist decided to pour dimetapp into the bottle. Other than that, I noticed that it did make my hair feel really nice when I rinsed it out. It made it feel like I had used a deep conditioner. Also, I'm not sure if it was because I got a trim right before I used it or what, but my hair was noticeably more manageable. And hey, less effort in the morning is always welcomed.
     Even though I did notice my hair being more manageable, I wasn't super awed by this product. When I was talking to my hairdresser about it, she said that she wasn't amazed by what the product claimed to do. She had a few clients who used it and she said she didn't notice a difference in their hair. This kind of 'bleh' mentality was what I felt when my hair dried after the first use. It wasn't, however, until the next day when I showered when I found myself reaching for the Wen bottle again that I realized I may have formed an addiction. I had to fight myself to use my toning shampoo/conditioner and had to come to a compromise of mixing my toning shampoo/conditioner with Wen (and no this does not make me sound crazy). I don't even know why I feel this addiction because my scalp is still itchy and my hair doesn't feel amazingly more moisturized.

Overall
     I'm still unsure if I'll repurchase this. I'm not seeing the amazing results that I hear people talk about, but then again it has only been a week. I'm still using a leave-in conditioner every day, which my hairdresser said I probably would have to anyway. I know for damn sure that I won't be repurchasing the Fig one because the smell of cough syrup in the morning makes me slightly nauseous.

On that lovely note,
xx Tori
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment