FOTD | Seeing Red

Hola! As I was doing my makeup this morning I noticed I was actually getting into it and having some fun... unheard of when you're a busy college student in the middle of midterms! I ended up experimenting a little with this dark burgundy eyeshadow I have. It turned out really nice (surprisingly) so I thought I would share how to make a more unexpected neutral eye.

I started off with my typical foundation/concealer/eyebrows routine that I've mentioned in multiple videos and posts. I then used a standard larger eyeshadow brush to first press the burgundy eyeshadow on my lids. Then I swept into my crease so it had more of a gradient of dark to light the farther you got from my lashes. You don't need much of such a dark eyeshadow but it really adds a nice color if you have more yellow-toned light skin. I then tightlined my top lashes with brown pencil eyeliner and used brown liquid eyeliner to create a small wing. Next, I placed a shimmery champagne eyeshadow to my inner corners to open up the eye. To finish up, I swept a more natural mascara on my top lashes.

For face, I used a dusty rose blush to make me look alive instead of the zombie I am in the morning. I used a more natural pinky-red lipstick that was very close to the blush color to finish up!

This is an easy and quick face to do when you're in a hurry and still need to look professional or nice for whatever reason (who likes to adult anyway?). This can easily be switched out for another color such as a greenish-gold for you brown-eyed folks or a rusty-orange for baby blues. Other options for green eyes: any color purple or a shimmery sage-gold.

Peace out girl scouts!
xx
Jen

Products used:
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Demolition
Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara
Stila Liquid Eyeliner in Brown
Burgundy Eyeshadow from Sonia Kashuk's palette Eye on Fall Color
Clinique Single Eyeshadow in Daybreak
NARS Blush in Dolce Vita
Rimmel London Lipstick in Paradise



0 comments:

Post a Comment