On Repeat #25

TORI
Ipswich- Georgi Kay

I first saw Georgi Kay's name listed on a BuzzFeed article that Tessa posted about 20 Female Artists Under 20. The stuff that I have heard from her is mostly slower-paced. While "Ipswich" is possibly the darkest song I've ever posted, I can't stop playing it. Her voice reminds me of a wispier Tegan and Sara and everything she sings just sounds relaxing. Her cover of "Joga" takes the song to a whole new level. While they each are great by themselves, her cover is more relaxed and slowed down. All in all, I've been listening to Georgi Kay for weeks and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.


TESSA
They Don't Make Em Any Better - Logan Mize
Oh the return of country. My music playlist has been a little all over lately (lots of country and One Direction.. That's a normal combination, right?). There's also been a great increase in the amount of times per day I use the word "y'all." I'll just blame it on the fact that I'll be in Manhattan in a week. Back to the song. Though this whole album is really great (and his second is as well), this song has managed to make it's way to my number 1 pick anytime I turn on this album. Unfortunately, I can't find it on YouTube, so you're gonna have to wander over to Spotify to give it a listen. But if you like country, you'll love Logan, and he's from Kansas. I don't think you need any more reasons. Go give it a listen.

RACHEL
Money - Sophia Danai
     Oops, Spotify did it again and introduced me to another fantastic artist. "Money" is also highly relatable, because the frequency of my daydreams about being rich is a little ridiculous. And fancy shoes would be on the top of my spending priority list. Anyhow, Danai's voice is classic. In fact the entire album has a very retro feel, but there's some interesting rap collabs as well. I've been really into the entirety of Wishing Well this week and highly suggest you check it out. Now.





JEN
Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
     My obsession with this song knows no boundaries. It's so catchy and the song itself is very applicable to many situations. It discusses whether you really want to know how other people feel about you, specifically someone you have feelings for. However, it can be applied to whether you really want to know about many other things in life. Is it better to know everything or should people be left in the dark? Philosophical, I know. I'm serious sometimes.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment