On Repeat #7


TESSA
Where Will We Go - IAMDYNAMITE
     So my father thinks he's really cool because he introduced me to this song a few weeks ago and I heard it on the radio the other day on my way home from work and haven't really stopped listening to it since. I linked a lyric video because the actual video is a little weird for my taste, but whatever floats your boat. Anyway, this song is super catchy and one of the first alternative songs to catch and hold my attention in a while. I haven't looked up anything else by them, so I'm not sure if they're a one-hit wonder for me or if they'll become one of my favorites. I guess we'll find out eventually. But in the mean time, listen to this song.
TORI
Merry Happy- Kate Nash
     As we all know, boys are stupid. A phrase I've heard many times from my manager at work is, "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them." Kate Nash does a lovely job with this song from 2007 in having a strong, hopeful outlook about crushing on a guy who just couldn't really be bothered to like you back, which is just a bitchtastic situation. With lyrics like, "you make me merry, make me very very happy, but you obviously, you didn't want to stick around," and "I can be alone, yea, I can watch a sunset on my own." And let's be quite honest, this is a much less depressing track in comparison to Nicest Thing. So. Yea.



RACHEL
Time – Pink Floyd
     Alright, I think it’s long overdue that I post a Pink Floyd track. My mother has informed me that Floyd was a total stoner band (as if this was difficult to deduce) which all of the W.U.B.Bs in her high school listened to. In case you were wondering, that stands for “We Users Buzz Better” and represents the kids who apparently stood at the top of the bleachers during assemblies yelling “FREEEEBIRD!” So if you don’t trust seventies stoners to guide your music taste, who can you trust? Anyhow, I chose “Time” because it’s currently my favorite of theirs. Never enough British musicians or lengthy guitar solos in my life. (Speaking of, if you’re a fan of said guitar solos check out the kickass one at the beginning of “Hey Friend” by JEFF the Brotherhood – all thanks to Tori for introducing me to this band).


JEN
Breezeblocks - Alt-J
     So this song was originally introduced to me by my friend Kevin when he just had to show me the kickass video, and it's been my obsession ever since. I am beyond livid that I can't see them in concert because I'll be halfway across the country already. So bitter. Anyway, this song is absolutely amazing. The lead singer's voice is really interesting which is something I look for since I'm a singer as well. This song is so easy to get stuck in your head and randomly start humming and singing around work (I totally have NOT done that...). The rest of their debut album is just as amazing and has a great mix of upbeat and slower tracks that are just perfect for a lazy summer afternoon. This band is also recommended by Tessa so even more reason to check them out!


  KAYLEY
Young and Beautiful- Lana Del Rey
     So, like most of you I'm sure, I saw and read The Great Gatsby. The movie was not only great, but the soundtrack was even better. One of the tracks includes "Young & Beautiful". I like this song because it's such a powerful and personal song to me. I haven't always been the biggest fan of Lana, but she's definitely got me interested with this song. She's the perfect voice and person for this song. I recommend it indefinitely. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment