Review | Cargo Blush in Los Cabos

This little gem I happened to receive in a Birchbox about a month back (at least I think it was last months.. I could be wrong. Don't quote me on that) and I've been in love with it from the second I opened the packaging.

The packaging is the standard Cargo tin, which I actually quite enjoy. I had owned one of their blushes and an eyeshadow duo previously and I find that the packaging doesn't get dirty in comparison to others. The full size blush that I own is a little big, but still useable for travel inside of a make up bag, but the size I have for Los Cabos is absolutely perfect and doesn't take up too much space at all. My only complaint on the packaging is that I constantly have to check that I'm grabbing the right product since they all look the same, and considering this blush and my eyeshadow duo are the same size.

Los Cabos is a gorgeous peachy shade, or as the Cargo website describes it a "soft tangerine." It has a slight shimmer to it. It reminds me a lot of NARS Orgasm, but with a more orange tone than pink. I've been reaching for this over my e.l.f. St. Lucia blush & bronzer kit (drugstore dupe for NARS Orgasm and Laguna).

The shade is perfect for summer. In fact, when fellow Broke Girls Jen, Rachel and I had an outing to the pool the other day (a rare sight, even more rare, we were around males, but that's another story) since this blush is a part of Cargo's Water Resistant make-up line it was the perfect way to put it through the test. I wouldn't say that it lasted the whole time on my skin, but we were out for quite a while, and a lot of water contact was involved... I think that was a given since we were swimming but whatever. Point being, it didn't smudge which is a great attribute because no one wants to have streaks of make up running down their face when you're at the pool with attractive boys or really anytime for that matter. Sorry for my tangent but you get my point.

I only have the sample size of this since it was a part of my Birchbox, as mentioned before, but I have no doubt that I will end up purchasing the full-size. This could easily become a summer staple for me so let's hope they keep it around long enough for me to snag up a full size!

You can get the full size for $26 from Cargo Cosmetics or Ulta stores.

xx
Tessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment