2 Brows, 4 Ways

**Firstly, let me apologize for being absolutely shit at blogging. We just got our new puppy Auggie this past week and it's been a lil' hectic. But I am back, talking about something very important. So read on.


     As you should well know, we here at FBG pride ourselves on our brows. Lily Collins is my personal idol. The fuller the better, I say. I’ve never been one for over-plucking both as a result of laziness and simple preference. I was graced by the brow gods a fairly full set and I keep grooming to a minimum. Still, I’d go from modern female to cavewoman in about two weeks sans my beloved Tweezermans. I won’t lecture you on achieving a nice arch or the perfect shape for your face – because I’d fail you. Regardless of my laissez faire attitude when it comes to grooming, I’ve begun to love enhancing my brows. I rotate between the four following methods and am always open to new suggestions so comment below!

No. 1 |  POWDER
     I’d always had a slight aversion to a powdered brow. I thought it gave an odd soft-focus, borderline unnatural look. Yet after dyeing my hair I needed a bit more correction than normal. So I turned to this matte, neutral Sonia Kashuk eye palette. The light terra cotta color mixed with a slightly deeper brown better match my new hair color. Used with a thin angled brush and a clear setting gel (to increase longevity and add some texture) this is my go-to when I want a more full-on brow.

No. 2 | PENCIL
     This was my first foray into the world of brow products, and I loved it for quite a while. The Anastasia Brow Wiz has garnered a lot of attention in particular but there’s several of its kind in existence. If you’re looking for precise application a thin pencil like this will serve you well. Though this shade is slightly ashy for my current brows the product itself is long-lasting and easy to use, with a natural pay off.

No. 3 | PEN
     Newest to my repertoire and arguably the easiest is a Stila felt-tipped pen. Much like liquid eyeliner this is for those gals in it for the long haul. It won’t budge, even without a setting gel. Using quick, feathery strokes you’ll add some fairly natural volume to the brow. Though slightly lacking in the shade range (only 3 – light, medium, and dark) this is what I turn to for lighter days.

No. 4 | AU NATUREL
     Lastly, is almost the complete lack of a brow routine. Since my eyebrows are fairly thick on their own I sometimes opt for the mere taming option. e.l.f’s Wetgloss keeps things in place and plays up the brows in a subtly way – perfect for more dramatic eye looks.
   

     That's it for me, I'm off to go snuggle with Mr. Augustus. JUST LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS. Ignore me. Anyhow, I'll speak to you guys very soon. In fact expect a sort-of haul video up in the next couple of days to make up for my absence. Until then.

xx
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment