Muscle Memory Makeup

From looking at upcoming posts, it looks like a couple of us had a crazy week and still another one to come. I, for sure, am not an exception. It never fails that when I am crazo-nutzo (as my coworker would explain things) I rely on muscle memory to do my makeup. Even though my makeup organization is in the process of being revamped, I somehow always find myself with these products in hand. I know it's only Tuesday, but I haven't changed my routine for at least a week.

When things are crazy, I tend to make sure that my base is on point. I could not care less about anything else but a good base is the key to making sure you don't look like a zombie. Let's face it, that's important. As i'm typing this I've realized that I didn't photograph a couple of products (why didn't I make a list...) so I'll just go ahead and include those anywho. After moisturizing, I have been applying the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. Even though I have dry skin, I love this primer because I feel like it just adds a bit more moisture and does actually set my base unlike some products I've used (i'm lookin' at you, POREfessional). Then for foundation. This is probably my favorite part of doing my makeup since I got the Real Technique brushes. I've been using the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclait, but since I got the sample of the LancĂ´me Teint Idole foundation I have a new found love. I thought I would never find anything to top the YSL, but oh man. I'm buying the full size product whenever I have a spare moment. It keeps my face looking fresh and even all day. I had this foundation on for 15 hours and just washed it off and it looked as good as it did when I first applied it.  After this, I use the Revlon Photo Concealer under my eyes.

I then use the ELF High Definition Powder to set my foundation. MAC's Harmony is then used as a contour and I've really been loving Rimmel's blush in Pink Sorbet. It's just a beautiful peach color that looks nice with my skin tone and balances out whatever I wear with it. Another important step for completing my base is the Benefit Watts Up highlighter; it seriously works miracles. I'm not going to even explain my love for Gimme Brow by Benefit one more time, but it's used after blush. When I'm in a rush, I will typically only use one eyeshadow after I've used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The two picks lately have been Club and Woodwinked from MAC. They both really suit my eye color and woodwinked is just a really nice natural color with a bit of shimmer to wake up my eyes. Plus they both have wonderful color pay off and stay on all day. I always feel a bit awkward just using one shadow and so I will blend a bit of the contour shade in the crease line. After I've applied my eyeshadow I'll just go ahead and blend some of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to highlight my brow. No, this does not look ridiculous because I'm the shade of Casper. As always, I curl my lashes and apply my most loved Revlon mascara. All in all, my makeup takes me less than 10 minutes in the morning. And when I have to walk the pups at 4:30 in the morning before work, I've already expended all effort for the day.

What products do you guys grab in a hurry?

xx Tori



0 comments:

Post a Comment