Go To | Face of the Week

Hello lovlies!

It's been quite sometime since I've shared with you what I've been wearing on my face. Pretty sure it was September, actually. And this week I've settled into quite the routine with my make-up, typically because I'm running about 15 minutes behind and I'm too lazy to do anything else. So here's a few tried & true products, and a couple new ones to the line up that have been helping me look less like a zombie than I feel.

If I've got a long day ahead (i.e. I'm not returning to my house for at least 12 hours, which has been most days this week) I'll start off priming with Hourglass's Mineral Veil Primer. I totally understand the hype surrounding this, it makes my skin feel like silk. Pretty much in love. After, I'll start off my base with Covergirl's Clean Whipped Creme Foundation in 305, which has been my go-to for a while now as it offers medium coverage and I can blend it out without a brush. As for concealer, I've been alternating between my Covergirl Fresheffects and Maybelline Dream Lumi, depending on how tired I look. Finishing up, I'll set my foundation with my tried & true Rimmel London Stay Matte powder. If I'm looking especially pale (which let's face it is most days), I'll dust a little bit of NYC's Sunny bronzer on. For blush, I've been going back and forth with a selection from Cargo and one from NYX. Both are very similar, dusty rose colors, but Cargo offers a bit more shimmer.

For eyes I've been sticking to basics. Starting off with Mac's Painterly Paint Pot as a base and topping off with Venus from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette as an all over lid color. To trick people into thinking I'm more awake, I've been lining my waterline with Rimmel London's Kohl Pencil in Nude, which I finally got my hands on after months of it being out of stock when I went to buy it. I've kept my basic liner simple using a black liquid liner offering from Rimmel as well. I may have found a new HG mascara in EM Cosmetic's Lash Gallery Clean Volume, which has been mentioned more and more lately. It gives just the right amount of volume, length and curl. So it's pretty much perfect, but I'm not kicking Falsies out of the top spot just yet.

Since going slightly more ginger, I broke down and brought a new brow duo from Anastasia (in Auburn) and have been using the red color to fill in and warm up my brows, and then setting with my usual Maybelline Great Lash in Clear.

I'm a lipstick junkie, so of course I haven't been able to stick to one combo. If I'm feeling particularly lazy, I'll layer Covergirl's Vivid Lipstick in Pink Pop over one of my EOS balms and call it good, though I do find that I need to touch up more throughout the day. My other option has been Rimmel's Kate Moss Matte line in shade 103, a "my lips but better" color that I'm sure I've mentioned before, and topping it off with Juice Beauty lipgloss in Pink. I'm not a lip gloss gal at all, but this stuff just smells too good to resist.

Now that I've rambled on about my make-up this weekend, I guess I'll wrap it up.
What have your go-to's been on busy weeks?

xx
Tessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment