Empties | July - Tessa

Hello there!

So I've been trying to save some products that I've used up in the past few months to show you guys and give you a mini-review/overview of my opinion. This is definitely not everything I've used up, just things I've remembered to save! There's no method to my madness here, I'm just going for it.

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Mist
So I'm pretty sure we've all talked about this enough that I don't really need to go into how much I love this stuff. I've gone through several cans this summer and I tend to go through them pretty quickly, which can get expensive even though it has a lower price tag. Lately, I've gotten lazy and haven't been applying it so I'm back to my normal pasty self. But this is the only drugstore self tanner that I've found that doesn't streak with me and allows me to get a deep tan without going orange. So obviously, 10/10 would recommend. 5 gold stars. Thank you, Banana Boat. 

Tresemmé Platinum Strength Renewing Complex Deep Conditioning Treatment
This conditioner I picked up on one of my many Target runs in my college town (they happened a lot because I was always avoiding studying or something). I enjoyed this product, though I probably won't repurchase. It claimed to repair 2 years of damage in 5 treatments. I used this once or twice a week for about 3 months and definitely did not notice that big of a difference in my hair. I recently picked up Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle and can tell you in one use of that I've noticed a difference, and especially between the two products. For the price point it's not a bad product, but I think you can find better for about the same. 

Suave Kids Detangling Spray
I can not live without this. It's a constant staple in my hair care routine. I have really fine hair, and a lot of it, so it knots up really easily. I can't ever get a comb through it after I shower if I don't have this. Yes, I realize it's a kid's product. But why would I spend $5 on a detangler from another line when I can get this gem for less than $2? Also it smells like green apples. So that doesn't hurt.

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo for Long Hair
It took me a really long time to use up this shampoo because it sat in my shower at home forever while I was away at school and since I got back I finally got around to using it up. I love Herbal Essences products (clearly, I have three of them on here). The Long Term Relationship line from them is one of my favorites because not only does it smell fantastic, but it's one of the lines that I actually can see a difference in my hair when I'm using it. It's smoother and shinier and feels healthier. I'm not 100% that their products are actually the best for your hair, but I do enjoy using them and they're at a good price point. 

Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Conditioner
This is one product from Herbal Essences I wasn't very impressed with. Maybe it's because I didn't use the shampoo and conditioner from the line together but I wasn't very happy with this conditioner. It didn't give my hair any body which is something I definitely strive for since my hair usually lays flat. In the summer I don't ever blow dry it so I really look for products that I can use to add volume that don't need a blow dryer (I have serums and such that I use in the colder months when I do blow dry my hair) and this did not fit the bill. 

Herbal Essences Honey, I'm Strong Strengthening Serum
I know I just said how much I love Herbal Essences, but this is another disappointing product to me. I bought it on a whim because I do color my hair on a semi-regular basis and in the winter months I do use a lot of heat on it (blow drying almost daily, curling irons, etc.) and this product claimed to help strengthen your hair against styling damage, but again, I didn't notice a big difference between days when I used this product and days when I didn't. The honey and apricot smell was quite nice, but I think I would rather invest a little more money in protecting my hair from damage. 

Bath & Body Works Vanilla-Tini Shower Gel
Nothing very exciting to report here, just some body wash. I constantly go back to Bath & Body Works shower gel after using other brands because I find nothing lathers quite as nicely as their line does and their range of scents is to die for. I believe this was a limited edition during the holidays but I think they bring it back around every year. I can't even describe to you how good this smells but according to the back of the bottle it's fresh vanilla, coconut and lemon zest. Yum. 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
I'm almost positive you're sick of hearing me talk about this. I think I'm even sick of hearing me talk about this. But yes, I have used up another bottle of Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I'll save you my usually endless rant and just say that if you're on the fence about this product for whatever reason, give it a shot. The standard 3.3 fl oz bottle lasts me around 3 months, so in all reality the higher price tag isn't all that bad, and especially for what you get. 

xx
Tessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment