Lifestyle | New Music

Alright, so it seems that my video did not get done in time due to other parties not being available when it came time to shoot it. Sooooo... you'll see that on Thursday. In the meantime, I'm going to take a bit of Rachel's thunder and publish my post today as well. Sorry, puta. 

On to the post.. I'm so overwhelmed the new music I've been listening to that I decided to make an entire post on it. I'm posting entire albums but I'll point out a few songs on each one that really stand out to me! You can find all of these albums on Spotify which you can download for free on your computer!

Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
I know that we have raved about this album for possibly the entire time we've had this blog but I can't get over them at all. They are absolute perfection. The lead singer has the most captivating voice and the songs are easy to sing along with as well.
Look for: Breezeblocks, Taro, and Matilda.

Delilah - From the Roots Up
I heard Delilah the first time on So You Think You Can Dance (yes I'm still obsessed with that show, shoot me) and it's been a downward spiral since. Her haunting voice makes this album perfect for when you need to sit down and just think about things. Perhaps how to adult.
Look for: Go

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago & Bon Iver
I know I'm late to the game with Bon Iver. I had Skinny Love on a playlist of mine two years ago and just never thought to look them up even though it's one of my favorite songs. Bon Iver just reminds me of autumn; wearing sweaters and doing homework with a cup of coffee in my local Starbucks. I CAN'T WAIT FOR FALL.
Look for: Skinny Love, Flume, Perth

MS MR - Secondhand Rapture
Another album that all the FBG have raved about... but it's just that good. I promise you will not be disappointed, even you boys. I got a guy friend of mine addicted to them as well. You won't regret it.
Look for: Hurricane, Salty Sweet, Head is Not my Home 

Let me know what you think and if you have any other recommendations!

xx 
Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment