Favorites | Lip Products to Transition from Summer to Fall


Hello fellow broke peoples! Sorry I've been so MIA recently, moving in to my new apartment while simultaneously working all day has been one of the most stressful things to ever occur in my life. I have finally managed to organize myself to a level that I can be comfortable taking some time to work on the blog. I promise once things are back to normal I will be back to posting on my regular Monday.

On to the purpose of this post: transitioning your makeup from summer to fall. This can be a weird time because it's starting to cool off (or not, depending where you live) so really bright, neon colors are not necessarily as in season but neither are the dark, moody colors associated with fall. So what do you wear? That's where I come in.


1. Buxom Full-Bodied Lip Gloss in Dolly ($19) & Revlon Just Bitten in Honey ($8)
     I loveee these two together. The Revlon balm stain is a truly beautiful color that gives you that "my lips but better" look that everyone loves. I think that shade could look good on almost anyone! It's also not as light and pink as many other natural shades are but is more of a mauve color that really helps with these weird in between months. The lip gloss on top just adds a little more shine and dimension that makes it pop if you're out and about. It also helps with how the Revlon balm stain can be a tad drying.

2. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle ($8)
    Another amazing "my lips but better" color, this is a little darker than the one I discussed above. I wear this color year-round but during the cooler months it really helps to wake up my face and bring some color to my usually darker outfits. It swipes on beautifully and leaves a rosy mauve tint that is hard to find elsewhere.

3. Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume ($19)
    I got a mini of this when I ordered a sampler of Smashbox products. I like them in general but they didn't wow me in the way I expected. This one was my favorite product because it gives just a little sheen and glitter to take a natural face to the next level if you aren't feeling lip color. Especially when it starts to get really chilly outside, I love swiping this on with a casual plaid shirt and leggings.

4. Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet ($8)
    This shade is the easiest one to transition! During the summer, I like to use this as a sheer wash of color when I'm looking for something with a bit of a pop. When it starts cooling off, I layer it on for a more opaque red that is great for yellow undertones.

That's my post until Monday! Catch ya on the flip side!

xx
Jen




0 comments:

Post a Comment