Birchbox | August



Hello lovelies! I definitely had this post ready to go this morning but I guess it never posted. So I know I'm a bit late on this, lo siento!

Anyway! I was so excited to get my first Birchbox on Monday so I thought I would share with you the goodies I got.


Tan Towel Classic Formula Self-Tan Towelettes (Full-size $24)
I'm a bit nervous to use this just because it says it's for fair to medium tones, so will it look fine or make me look like an oompa loompa? I'll try this out this weekend just so I don't look crazy for work if this turns out to be too dark. I've really been wanting to try something like this that washes off at the end of the day, similar to the This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle.

LAQA & Co Lil' Lip Duo (Full-size, $16 for 2)
Okay, so I really love the formula of this. It's a really buttery sort of lip balm. I also really like the fact that you can build up the color intensity with how much you apply. I will say that I don't like how it gets everywhere. Lipsticks and stains, for the most part, stay on your lips. I noticed that this had a tendency to smear all over if you're not careful with it. Like...seriously...just don't let anyone near your face, don't touch your face, it will be everywhere.

Coola SPF 45 Sport- Mango (Full-size $32)
I may have to spend $32 on sunscreen. This stuff is amazing. First off, it smells like mango and coconut. I just put this on my hands and neck when I go out (my moisturizer has SPF 30) and it leaves my skins so soft. It's really light and not greasy, which I know some sunscreens have a tendency to be. I wish they had a travel size bottle so I could just leave it in my bag (get on that Coola). It's paraben free, no nano particles, not tested on animals, hypoallergenic, and even gluten free. What even. They even have scents like citrus mimosa. So yep. Great. Spending $32 on sunscreen.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive (Full-size $39)
I love the idea of a peel, I love clay masks and anything of the sort. I haven't used this quite yet just because it is supposed to sit on the skin for 10 or so minutes and just who has time for that? I just really haven't been home much so I'll give this a go this weekend as well. I will have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't actually smell like green apples. It did a bit in the box but smelled not so lovely in the actual sample.

Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo (Full-size $25) [not pictured]
I gave this sample to my mother because dry shampoo is a tad pointless for me right now with short hair. Lo siento, I have nothing to say about this because my mom took it and I can't find it.

Who knows, maybe some of these will make it to my September favorites, we shall see.
xx Tori

0 comments:

Post a Comment