On Repeat #14


TESSA
Two Lips (Acoustic) - Hoodie Allen
So if you haven't checked him out since I talked about him before, now is your chance. Not only is he a talented rapper, he released an acoustic EP that is ridiculously great. "Two Lips" was one of my favorites off of his Crew Cuts album and I think off of Americoustic, it's easily my favorite. His voice is just, ugh, so good. And to me, this song sounds very natural acoustic, even though when I first heard he was releasing it acoustic I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it (clearly I've fallen in love). I'm still waiting for him to say that he's coming back to Lawrence in his new tour.. and propose. But that's beside the point. Go download Americoustic off his website, here, or buy it on iTunes if you're super awesome and love him a lot and have money.
KAYSON
The Story - Brandi Carlile
     This song may be a few years old but  I have found myself really liking not only Brandi Carlile lately but loving this song. I'm definitely a sucker for songs about life/love and this one is just chalk full of both. It doesn't have that sappy love song tune to it either which is quite good. my favorite verse of the song is "All of these lines across my face Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been And how I got to where I am But these stories don't mean anything When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true... I was made for you" and I just really like this song guys. Her voice and lyrics are beautiful so just listen. 
TORI
When I Was A Youngster- Rizzle Kicks
     I fell in love with Harley and Jordan when Rachel and I saw them perform as openers to Ed Sheeran awhile back. Their stage presence is ridiculous and they are both extremely talented and their different styles work together seamlessly. I got hooked on this song again when I was watching the video for their new single "Lost Generation," which you should watch here


RACHEL
     Okay, so everyone attributes this whole "YOLO" deal to Drake, but I think Mike Rosenberg puts it much more eloquently (Passenger is just a pseudonym obvi).  Tori and I also saw (and met, ugh pain) this beautiful man open for Ed Sheeran - noticing a theme? Anyway, this entire album is the actual bomb and was my jam for like two whole months last year. I honestly don't think I could choose a favorite track, but this has found it's way back into my ears this week. If you want to hear my entire life summed up in under 10 minutes, listen to "The Wrong Direction" and "I Hate".



JEN
Miracle Mile - Cold War Kids
     I keep hearing this song on the radio and I somehow know all the lyrics already. I swear, I've only heard it a handful of times and it's just so fun to attempt to sing along with your windows rolled down on a nice day. Yes, I realize I sound like a puppy dog. But IT'S THE TRUTH. I'm gonna start listening to more of Cold War Kids in general, so keep on the lookout for any other posts about them. I have a bunch of new great music on the backburner right now so be excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment