First Impressions | Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

So this week's post is a bit of a two-in-one: a first impressions along with a mini review of Clinique's Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. In my last post I mentioned how I went on a bit of a skincare rampage courtesy of Caroline Hiron's blog, so this is on her recommendation. My normal cleansing balm I have talked about before in my skincare routine post here. I purchased this one, after weeks of debating, for $28.50 at Sephora. Which in my opinion is well worth it.

This balm is oil based, so it feels a little bit greasy when you apply it but it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy at all. It removed all of my make up with ease, even my eye make up and mascara without much hassel. Which is huge for me, as I am a mascara fiend and tend to pack it on. One thing I noticed when putting it on my eyes was it felt kind of gritty when it was removing my make up, I'm still not sure if this was the texture of my mascara coming off or if it was the cleanser itself. After using this, I still followed up with a second cleanse, solely out of habit and per recommendation of Caroline, though I probably didn't need to because I had no make up residue on my second cleanse like I normally do.

On to packaging and such. I love the fact that this comes in a tub. I do like the pump of my Liz Earle cleansing balm, but it was always hard to tell how much I needed and I somehow always ended up with excess or needing multiple pumps if I used smaller amounts. With the tub however, you are able to easily control how much you get out and you need the smallest amounts. Which brings me to my next point, I know nearly $30 for a cleanser is a steep price tag, but you need so little and it comes in a giant tub that's going to last you a long time, even if you use it everyday (if you would like I can update you on how long this one lasts me!).

Based solely on my first use of this, I think I would definitely repurchase this product. I know the blog name is Five Broke Girls, and here I am telling you that I would spend $30 on a cleansing balm, but in all honesty, anything higher end I buy, I put a lot of thought behind & do my research. And I'm definitely willing to spend the extra dollars on my skin care to have good skin, because if your skin is in balance, then you can sort of cheat your way on make up (less foundation, concealer!).

Well, that's it for me this week. I'll talk to you next week, darlings!

xx
Tessa

2 comments:

  1. This Clinique Cleansing balm really irritated my skin and my eyes, so I use it now for cleansing my brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! Glad you could find another use for it. xx

      Delete