The Fall Edit | Nail Polish

     Alrighty, I know Tessa has an autumn edit queued to go up soon (get excited, woopwoop) but I'm jumping the gun and sharing a few of my favorite nail polishes that are getting me ready for weather less similar to the deepest rings of hell. These shades will help transition me from brightly polished summer nails, which is about the only color I wear as of late.


COMMANDER IN CHIC (370) | SALLY HANSEN COMPLETE SALON MANICURE
   Firstly is a Sally Hansen shade that's been around for a while. This is great when you want something dark, but less dramatic than a black or navy nail. I think the grey-ish color with a purple undertone would be universally flattering, no matter your skin tone. Though the price is a little steep for a lower-end brand, the formula doesn't leave anything to be desired. I find it lasts just as long as its more expensive counterparts, is opaque, and has a flat, sturdy brush. Plus, even after over a year of ownership it hasn't thickened or gone gloopy.

PACIFIC BLUE (420) | SALLY HANSEN XTREME WEAR NAIL COLOR
     Now, for a cheaper offering from Sally Hansen. I'm quite the fan of blue nail polish, but out of my ever expanding collection this is by far my favorite. This garners a lot of attention any time I wear it but never looks juvenile or over the top. As a bonus, these are dirt cheap and the formula is nearly opaque in one coat. I'm not terribly into bright colors (if you hadn't deduced this already) but this is an exception. I've never spotted one of these at Target or Walmart, but picked it up on sale at Ulta so check this bby out.

MAXIMILLIAN STRASSE-HER (1010) | ESSIE NAIL LACQUER
     I have a sickness. I'll admit it. I can't stop with the damn Essie nail polish. I grabbed this in a time of no self control (so a normal day) this past spring and haven't looked back since. Much opposed to my previous listing, this is a nice understated hue. The grey-toned green won't overpower a look yet still manages to not be a bore. Though it will be A+ for autumn, I've been wearing it all year and enjoy it every time I do.

CARAMEL CUPCAKE (311) | RIMMEL LONDON 60 SECONDS NAIL POLISH
     Another muted favorite of mine. I think this is nearly an exact dupe for Essie's Ladylike. At only $1.50, how could you resist? This mauve polish helps me look put together even after I've hit sleep 6 times that morning. I luuurv the little bottle, and the brush is also square and sturdy so application is a breeze. I'm not even upset that I own two nearly identical nail polishes. That's how much I love it. Or how ridiculous I am. Whichever.

See errybody next week!

xx
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment