On Repeat #19


KAYSON
Sorry - Naya Rivera ft. Big Sean
I'll be the first one to admit how huge of a gleek I am. Which means I like to support the actors/actresses with things outside of Glee. So, of course when Naya came out with her first single I had to listen. At first, I was like "Oh Naya...Really?" but to be honest I can't stop singing it now. It's a wonderful song if your current boyfriend has girls who want him and all you can say is "Sorry I'm not sorry. Now he's mine baby." It's pretty catchy, as if saying "Sorry I'm not sorry" wasn't easy enough to get in a habit of saying in the first place. Oh, and she sorta calls out all of Big Sean's exes at the end of the song. Damn Girl.



TORI
Supersoaker- Kings of Leon
This songs has been playing nonstop on the radio lately. I don't normally listen to the radio outside work, but am definitely not opposed to hearing Lorde and Kings of Leon played multiple times in a day. I was never a huge Kings of Leon fan, but I am for sure loving their new stuff. I don't know if I've been brainwashed due to the amount of times I've heard it, but whatever, I'm cool with it.








JEN
THE ENTIRETY OF THIS ALBUM - Pride and Prejudice
    I don't know who hasn't listened to this album, but they are missing out on one of the greatest joys in life. If you like this movie even just the teensiest, listen to this album. You immediately feel transported to 19th century England and suddenly have the urge to drink tea/coffee and do homework or read some classic novel. This is one of my favorite albums or playlists to listen to when studying because it motivates me to be academic. Sounds crazy, I know, but I'm serious. Rachel is probably gonna fangirl when she sees this because she's about as obsessed with this movie as I am.


TESSA
All Over the Road - Easton Corbin
So it's no big secret that I'm a huge country music fan. But give me a break, I did live in basically in the middle of Kansas for two years. Speaking of, I've been missing MHK like crazy (so much so I've talked Rachel & Kayley into a road trip next month). Anyway, enough chit chat, down to the song. Honestly, I'm not sure what it is about this song but it's just too adorable to ignore. It's kind of like a One Direction song because no matter my mood, if I put this song on, I'll be in a good mood instantly. You just can't be in a bad mood and listen to it. It's impossible. Yes, I did just compare country music & One Direction. Bring it. Oh and did I mention how adorable he is? Look at that face.

RACHEL
Guild - Earl Sweatshirt
     At this point, it's clear that I'm oblivious to Odd Future / its members. Obviously. Anyhow, Earl's new album Doris is kickass (is this my descriptor for everything cool? Maybe.) It's slightly more mellow that OF's mixtapes which I appreciate. There's a good mix of collabs, including a couple cameos from Tyler, the Creator. "Guild" has some of the best rap runs on the album, but "Hoarse" and "Pre" were also contenders for this week's selection. I haven't listened to Mac Miller much but this track has sparked my interest. Perhaps sometime before I graduate I'll listen to something not Odd Future. Es posible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment