Tuesday Talk | Current Netflix Binge

All of us broke girls thoroughly enjoy an extensive lie-in with our TVs, which is no secret. You always hear us rattling on about it, so we thought we'd share what we're currently (obsessively) watching!

rachel
Bates Motel 
     I'd actually seen this advertised at its original launch, but somehow managed to neglect it. I'm definitely one who would rather wait and watch a whole season at a time so I'm pretty pleased it has shown up on Netflix. Based on Hitchcock's Psycho, it's classed as a thriller (and haha it has the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - the Depp version). I have never actually seen the original film -horrendous I know. However, the series has just started to pique my interest and has inspired me to watch it. I'm not 100% sold on the acting but I'm hopeful for the plot. The sets are fantastic though, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

jenny
American Horror Story
     Unfortunately, I have to reach back a little farther to remember the last show I binged watched on Netflix. I live a sad life full of chemistry labs and microbiology notes. However, I finally finished the most recent season of this show online (American Horror Story: Coven). This show is incredibly creepy but if you're a sucker for good acting and interesting plotlines this show is a necessity. Jessica Lange is my spirit animal. The most recent season also featured big names like Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Emma Roberts, and Gabourey Sidibe. Start with the first season though because it's by far the best. Also it has Connie Britton (Tami Taylor) in it and she is perfect.

tessa
House of Cards
     My most recent binges have actually been sans-Netflix surprisingly (Season 3 - Hart of Dixie, starting up Nashville), with the exception of this one. This got recommended to me and I think it's taken me a total of a week and a half to watch both seasons. I finished the second in record time since it's release (3 days). Is it too early to countdown to season 3? Anyway, if you like Kevin Spacey - which who doesn't, honestly - and political dramas and haven't checked this out yet, put everything else on hold and get on the band wagon. Not to mention Robin Wright is flawless in this series.



tori
Reign
     I'll start by saying that I wish this was on Netflix. I begrudgingly keep paying $7.99 a month for Hulu+ and it is beyond annoying. The ads are the worst and I get it, you get episodes faster than Netflix, but it still pisses me off. Anywho, Reign is absolutely beautiful. I started watching it when it started on the CW and then my Thursday night classes started and I stopped. I may or may not have watched basically the entire season this weekend. The show is a period drama set in France. The only accent that makes any sort of sense is Adelaide Kane (who is wonderful and awesome and actually Australian and not Scottish) but other than that, I have to remind myself who is playing royalty in what country. Minus that little bit, I love this show. The makeup and wardrobe are absolutely on point.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment