One Swipe Shadows

MAC Constructivist, Urban Decay Naked 2, Urban Decay Liar, bh cosmetics Sun, Maybelline Barely Branded
We all have those mornings where we don't feel like doing our make up but still need to manage to look presentable. Enter: minimal make up and one sweep shadows. Now, I myself am more than likely to sweep on at least two shadows, but we know all too well I'm notorious for running late and slapping on a couple products to make the bare minimum of presentable. Obviously the options are endless, but here are a few of my favorites.


Urban Decay Naked 2 (from Naked Basics)
From my very well loved Naked Basics palette, this shade was the first I hit pan on. And I'm pretty sure I cried when I discovered you couldn't buy it separate from the palette. This is the perfect matte brown shade and would work on multiple skin tones, and gives the perfect wash of color. I like using it with a fluffy blending brush as it distributes the product perfectly between the lid and the crease, giving you the appearance of trying harder than you actually did. A+

Urban Decay Liar (from Naked 3)
Another newer addition to my collection, thanks to Jen. I typically like to use this palette when I'm going out but there are days when I reach for it to create a day look. This offering isn't as dark and harsh on the lid as Mugshot or Factory, but still has a brown undertone that allows you to pull it off on it's own.

bh Cosmetics Sun (from Galaxy Chic Palette)
I got this sample a while back and am tempted to buy the whole palette based on this color. It's a marbled reddish color with gold and looks absolutely gorgeous on the lid. I love pairing this with winged liner for a bit more of a dramatic flare.

MAC Paintpot in Constructivist
This is the newest addition to my collection, but quickly became a favorite. If you don't want to spend the $20 at MAC, Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze has a pretty similar effect, but not as dark. I'm never big on shimmery shadows, but this color gets it right, and it adds a little bit of dimension that otherwise would be nonexistent.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded
Of course this had to make the list, a go-to of mine for the whole summer, Barely Branded is the perfect champagne shade. It's not too golden, silver, brown, or anything. It's pretty much straight up champagne. I like to use this on it's own or layer it under another shadow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment