Tuesday Talk | Favorite Drugstore Brushes

rachel
     Out of pure practicality, and to spare you from another mention of Real Techniques, I selected perhaps my most relied upon brush. This actually came in the Essential Tools Hi Def Deluxe Duo Eye Set. I've only spotted these at WalMart but if you can pick them up I'd highly recommend you do. I can use this particular brush for grooming and filling in brows, liner, and combing through lashes. Still, I get heavy use out of the other duos as well. They're all synthetic bristles and are thus suitable for either cream or powder and wash extremely well. The double-ended feature is also space saving and travel friendly. My only qualm is the ferrule can loosen from the handle, but that's easily fixed with super glue. In sum, these are solid brushes - especially for the price.

tessa
    I'm not much of a brush lover by any means, though the ever-growing collection in my bathroom would tell you otherwise. I much prefer to use my fingers as much as possible, or my Real Techniques Sponge, so sitting down to do this post proved to be quite the task. I ended up going with my Eco Tools blush brush. They sell these on their own but I picked mine up in the Starter Set. The reason I chose this one is because I pick it up on the daily and use it to set my foundation and concealer with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I find that the tapered shape serves itself well for the areas that I typically set (t-zone and under eyes). If you've never tried out Eco Tools I highly recommend them. They're a little pricier for a drugstore option, but the quality is on par with some higher end brands I've tried out.


tori
     I had quite the opposite problem from Tessa. I have way too many brushes that I absolutely adore. Since Rachel used an eye brush and Tessa a blush brush I figured I would go with my beloved ELF Complexion Brush. I have a couple of ELF brushes, including their blush brush which I rather like. I chose this brush because I love how big the brush is. It is absolutely perfect for setting your foundation and it feels so nice. This brush is actually a really nice quality at just $3, I've washed it countless times and it still feels new.

jenny
     I'm not a huge brush fiend like my other broke girls but I do appreciate a quality brush. I only have a couple higher end brushes so the majority of my brushes are drugstore! My favorite right now is the Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush from the Couture Set. It seems to be so difficult to find a blush brush that has the perfect bristle density. You want a blush brush that isn't too fluffy but you always don't want it to deposit all of your product on one part of your face. This brush is the happy medium and I never, ever want it to break (especially since it's limited edition).

0 comments:

Post a Comment