On Repeat #41

TESSA
I Hold On - Dierks Bentley
We all knew the come back of a country choice for On Repeat was coming, and here it is. I've had his new album replaying (along with Cole Swindell's and Jake Owen's) all week long, desperately craving spring/summer weather. The amount of times I've heard this song this week is probably reaching a disgusting amount, but every time it comes on I don't have the will power to skip it, or to not turn it up and sing along. I watched his performance on The Tonight Show of this song and he absolutely killed it, which made me love it, and him, even more. And now I'm going to sound like everyone else this week - go get his album. You won't regret it.



TORI
My Moons- Yellow Ostrich
     I know it hasn't been too long since I've talked about a Yellow Ostrich song, but they are bordering on my favorite band right now. I figured I would take a break from all the female vocals and talk about them since their newest album, Cosmos, came out recently. I honestly haven't even listened to the rest of the album because this song has been replayed non-stop. I mean, it's like the fourth song so I've listened to some of it. I have loved this band for about 3 years now since I heard their first album, The Mistress (2010). With changing line-ups, two albums, and an EP out, this band just keeps progressing and I can't wait to see what's next for them. Plus this link is to a live version, so consider yourself lucky.

RACHEL
American GirlTom Petty & The Heartbreakers
     Since Tori was a total l0ser and stole my choice for this week (Things Are Fallin' - off the same album) I'll go with something I rediscovered last week. Spotify actually reminded me of it's existence while I was searching for a horrendous (awesome) pop song by Bonnie McKee under the same name. If you haven't heard this song, I'm not quite sure where you've been. Plus, why is Tom Petty's face just naturally sassy? Is it just me? 


JENNY
The Beginning... - John Legend
     One of my friends at school recommended that I start listening to John Legend after discovering the variety of music I listen to. I have one of his older albums but could never really get into it for whatever reason. However, I gave him a second change and Legend's most recent album is my jaaaam. He reminds me of a more soulful (and less sexual) version of The Weeknd (who we all love here at FBG) and also Frank Ocean. If you have any interest in either of those artists, you need to check his newest album out, Love in the Future. Also, this song has Winter Song by Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles in the background, which just adds to its perfection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment