Saturday Makeup | Splurge vs. Save

     If you recall, I’ve written a post akin to this before. I quite liked the idea of options so I’m resurrecting it for a second go. This time around I’m talking casual Saturday makeup. I’m usually out and about so I aim to be put together but effortless. Some weekends I go for more or less makeup, but I usually gravitate toward the middle.

DEFINING MASCARA | MAC Gigablack Lash vs. Flower Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara
      For a casual Saturday I usually opt to make eyes the focal point, so I let mascara do a lot of the heavy lifting. I don’t want to layer on the volume but I do want a nice lashy look. MAC’s offering has a slender wand that can maneuver well to perfectly fan out the lashes. It never clumps and will hold a curl all day – fo real. I’ve fully reviewed the Flower mascara so I won’t warble on too long. The brown shade is deep enough to define yet is less harsh. A solid option to achieve that doll-like eye.

SUBTLE EYESHADOW | MAC Woodwinked vs. Maybelline Tastefully Taupe
     I’m no stranger to brown eyeshadow so this was a no brainer. A slightly shimmery, neutral tone adds depth without being heavy. Swept over the entire lid and along the lower lash line, I achieve a subdued smoky eye suitable for day wear. These particular shadows are fairly comparable quality wise, though I will say I slightly prefer the warmer tone of Woodwinked.

MINIMAL BASE | Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Cameo vs. DIY Tinted Moisturizer
     A slapdash approach to base is usually the route I go on weekends. I solely want to even my skin tone and remain incredibly natural. Honestly, I’m not head over heels for Laura Mercier’s option but it’s still very nice. It leaves a subtle glow to the skin with the added benefit of SPF 20. Though I actually prefer my DIY option. As of late, I’ve mixed a drop of Revlon Colorstay with a pump of my CeraVe moisturizer and used fingers to apply. Me gusta.

SOFT BLUSH | Tarte Thoughtful vs. e.l.f Tickled Pink
     Feminine, pretty blush is my go-to for these days. It lifts the face and balances the brown-toned eyes. Tarte’s shade is lovely but if you prefer something a bit more subdued opt for the e.l.f. Both will look flattering and round off this simple look well.

     What are your weekend staples? Until next week, I’m off!

xx
Rachel


0 comments:

Post a Comment