On Repeat #38

JEN
Teleport 2 Me, Jamie - WZRD feat. Desire
     This song is my jaaaaam. Fun fact: WZRD is actually Kid Cudi. This song was released in 2012 and the fact that I have spent two years without it in my life makes me depressed. The background music by Desire is one of my other favorite songs ever, Under Your Spell, from the Drive soundtrack. This song has an ethereal feeling to it from Desire while maintaining the catchy beat Kid Cudi is known for. Also I just find it super relevant, being in a long-distance relationship and all. You'll find yourself singing (rapping) along to this while walking to class, I can guarantee it.



TESSA
Beachin' - Jake Owen
This week's choice is brought to you 100% by Rachel's love for this song. And also satellite radio, but mostly Rachel. Are you even expecting anything else from me at this point? I promise I'll get back on my music game (outside of country) sometime. As much as I wish I could credit Rachel for this, it's actually just because it's about -5000 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground here in lovely Kansas. And as much as I love winter, I would much rather be on a beach. So I've been listening to this and avoiding the fact that it's actually negatives outside, along with the fact that there's not a margarita in my hand — though there have been several mimosas. Not to mention this song is super catchy and you can't help but sing along when it comes on. Unless you don't like country, in which case I feel sorry for you. This will probably be another summer anthem for me so on that note — summer, please hurry.
TORI
All Night- Grand Ole Party
Hopefully this will cancel out the horror of country as listed above (sorry, Tessa). Anyway, my song choice was initially "Fire In My Head" but I couldn't find a link (life is rough). Anyway, I love this girl forever, Kristin (Dee Dee) because her voice is actually ridiculous and she has the style to match. Dee Dee played drums and sang in Grand Old Party and is now currently the vocalist and guitarist in Dum Dum Girls, which I adore as well. I have had Under Our Skin on repeat all week and I don't see that stopping any time soon.




RACHEL
You Only Live Once - The Strokes
     Seeing as I've been cooped up in my room nearly all week thanks to this shit show of a snowstorm we had, I really didn't branch out musically. My life was mostly consumed by YouTube. Lo siento. However, I did listen to some old school Strokes pretty heavily the past couple of weeks. I know I've mentioned Julian's solo album but I love the group just as much. "You Only Live Once" is definitely in my top five of their discography, along with "The End Has No End", "Electricityscape", and "Someday". Unfortunately, I haven't properly listened to their newest album Comedown Machine but I do like "Tap Out" thus far. They never fail to be kickass, so if you haven't checked them out pleaaaaase do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment