Forgotten Favorites



This may seem a bit like an oxymoron, but hey, it happens. You buy all of the things, you want to try them out, your forever favorites get moved to the bottom of the drawer. I recently was gifted a really nice makeup storage, by storage I mean it is seriously a small dresser, by my mom. Anyway, the whole reorganization of makeup allowed me to rediscover some long-lost loves.

Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash Blonde
I have seen numerous people talk about this in their videos or just use it in general. This lead me to dig mine out of the drawer and give it another go. I had been madly obsessed with using my MAC paint pot or my Hourglass Arch Sculpting Pencil but wow. When I used the Brow Whiz again, I couldn't stop. It honestly gives you the most natural looking brows. I find I can really shape them with this and then I will typically go over them with the Benefit Gimme Brow just to add some color.

MAC Eyeshadow in Cranberry
I picked this up last fall because I felt like I needed a wine colored eyeshadow in my life (helloo, I have green eyes). Annyywhooo, it wouldn't be a complete post if I didn't mention MAC at least once. This eyeshadow is perfect on it's own blended out or it can be used in a more complex look. When I wear it to work I typically just blend it out and call it good. At first the color kind of seemed daunting but it's actually extremely wearable. Let's be honest, it probably seemed daunting because it wasn't a neutral.

Em by Michelle Phan Lipstick in Nude
I actually received this in my ipsy bag quite awhile ago and it seemed to fall into the bottom of one of my many lipstick bags rather quickly. Yes, there are multiple, there's even a drawer now that doesn't even contain them all (oh, the perils of life). The first thing that I remain impressed about this nude is that it doesn't make me look like a corpse. It's the perfect shade, and it adds just enough to your lips without having to wear a gloss. The finish is really lovely. That being said, if you're looking for something long lasting, this isn't it. With this being a nude shade, it's extremely easy to reapply at work or school. I may be in it just for the shade, but who can blame me.

What makeup has made a comeback in your routine?
xx Tori

0 comments:

Post a Comment