The Body Shop | The Best and the Worst



I made mention of my trip to Lush and The Body Shop in last weeks post. I thought I would go ahead and quickly review some of those purchases; whether they be the best or the worst. So let's start with the bad and end with the good, shall we?

Worst: Tea Tree Pore Minimizer
Lily Pebbles had mentioned this in one of her posts awhile back. It didn't sound like she was massively impressed with it and she said it had dried her skin out a bit. Surprisingly enough, I didn't really notice it drying my skin out, but it also didn't make my pores appear smaller. In fact, it didn't really do anything. It ended up being just another product to apply and let's face it, I have enough products to apply. I tried this for a couple of weeks consistently hoping that with time I would gain some results, but alas, this product was a bit of waste of money

Middle: Seaweed Clarifying Toner
Before this purchase, I had been exclusively using the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner. I thought I should have at least another product so I wasn't using the Mario Badescu toner day and night. I was pointed in the direction of the Seaweed collection because of my skin type, I took the word of the guy working there when he said this range worked with any skin type. So far, this toner is alright; nothing massively impressing but not disappointing either. I will probably try other products but I can't say I won't ever repurchase this. It doesn't dry my skin out but I haven't noticed any magnificent skin clearing work being done with it.

Best: Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream
I've tried about three eye creams before this and by far, this is the most amazing. It goes on very easily and completely moisturizes around my eyes. I especially love this in the morning because it preps my skin for concealer. After using this, my concealer stays put without looking cakey. I don't really have a desire to try out other eye creams (although I'm sure that won't stop me) but this one is a keeper for sure.

What Body Shop products do you guys have?
xx Tori


2 comments:

  1. The primer is the worst. I have yet to meet anyone that likes it. Such a huge disappointment, because the rest of the tea tree line is amazing. I was pretty "meh" about the toner too. I loveeee the aloe toner, and I have one from alba botanica as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I haven't heard terrible things about the rest of the line but I was extremely disappointed with the pore minimizer. I think the toner is ok, not my favorite, but definitely not the worst I've tried.

    ReplyDelete