The Underdogs

     After a little peruse of my makeup ranks, I found there was a host of products I loved - but didn't use much. Not quite logical. In an attempt to rekindle my affection I'm giving some tlc to a few things I've been missing.

Bare Minerals Power Neutrals
     During a pre-holiday spree, I added this lovely neutrals palette to my cart. I'd heard great rumors about the quality of Bare Minerals eyeshadows and I was not let down. The colors are a great selection, and a little off-beat from your typical "naked" palette. I've dabbled in using these shades, and a standout is Moneymaker - a nice earthy green which is a good alternative to a typical brown.

Forever 21 Cream Cheek Blush
     This one may be tricky to locate, but I did see they repackaged their cream blushes recently and there is a shade nearly identical to the one I own. The formula is less sheeny than other cream blushes I own but still doesn't full transform to a powder finish. As a result, the effect is glowy yet long lasting.This color instantly lifts the face and pairs well with an orange-toned red lip. Definitely one I should be turning to more often.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal in Taupe
     For days when I'm looking for subltle definition, this is ideal. The color manages to enhance the eyes without looking obvious. The formula is comparable to something like Urban Decay's Glide On pencils, and is almost gel-like.

Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in Hot Plum
     To be fair Hot Plum is nowhere in the realm of an 'everyday' shade. It's well pigmented, and a flashy color. Yet I still love it on the lips. Come spring & summer, effortless makeup is epitomized by bright lips and a minimal face. This cool-toned shade works well with my complexion, and would stand out against a warmer skin tone. Bonus: the formula is creamy and non-drying.

MAC Lipstick in Hue
    On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have a muted warm pink. Hue tones down my lip color ever so slightly. The glaze finish helps it to be wearable and simple to touch up on the go as well. Personally, I pair it with a slightly heavier eye to keep things in balance.

¡Adiós!

xx
Rachel


0 comments:

Post a Comment