On Repeat #45

TESSA
Donald Trump - Mac Miller
Spring has finally and officially arrived here in the Midwest, as marked by the appearance of tornado warnings and watches, and now of course I'm just ready to fast forward to summer. I've been on a throwback of what I listened to last summer, namely Mac and Wiz Khalifa, and throwing in Chance the Rapper and Childish Gambino for good measure. I honestly forgot how much I love Mac Miller and his reentering into my life has been a welcome one. So if you need me, I'll be desperately wishing it was summer so I can drive around with my windows down blaring music.



RACHEL
A Certain Romance - Arctic Monkeys
     Is there really anything to not like about this song? Answer: of course not. I haven't listened to this album in a while and I quite enjoyed its return. I've been a little short on the new music front lately so I've been revisiting a few of my older Spotify playlists. Also, can we just talk about the new app redesign? Round of applause. Anywho, this has definitely been the musical highlight of my week. Tracks like She's Thunderstorms and Black Treacle have also snuck in when I want something slightly more laid back.




TORI
You Are The Stars- Yellow Ostrich
     I know I've talked about them before (relatively recently), but that won't stop me from doing it again. The more I listen to this album, the more I love it. Each song as a completely different feel to it, which is kind of different from their first album. This song is just beyond beautiful and you can tell that Alex's voice has matured a lot since their start. The lyricism is reminiscient of the EP Ghost (which I absolutely loved). Like I've said before, I cannot wait to see what else this band has in store. If only they would have a show in KC or Lawrence so I could see them live.





JENNY
Bad Girls - M.I.A.
     I'm not sure why I've never listened to M.I.A. before other than her famous song Paper Planes buttttttt this song is the shit. I've been plowing through homework with midterms coming up and this song makes me feel like such a badass. She has such a different beat and feel that anyone else in the industry and that's what really draws me to her. There's also just such a swag to her music that I allllmost feel like I might have some (we all know I do). But really, go check out some of her other work. You won't regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment