Top 5 | Lips

If there's two make up products I can't live without, it's lipstick and mascara. I'm the ultimate mascara junkie and have an ever-growing lip collection though I don't know that I'll ever top Jen in that department. If I'm ever in a rut in my make up routine - which is fairly often - I always turn to my lip products to spice things up a bit. Not to mention they're a great just-out-of-winter-pick-me-up that we've all been needing. Here's a few of my tried and trues and some more recent additions.

MAC Vegas Volt
This is an oldie but a goodie in my collection. I've had it for about a year now and I love the way it will brighten up a make up look. It's a good orange for those who are just venturing into the world of bold lipsticks. Much like is expected from MAC, it's a great formula and wears really well.

Milani Rose Hip
One of the newest additions I've added to my collection, I'm obsessed. I've seen that it's a dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum (I haven't swatched them side by side for myself but I shall let you know if I ever do). It's definitely a matte formula, so you'll want something moisturizing underneath. I love pairing this up if I'm wearing an eye look from my Naked 3 palette, as the light pink undertones of the shadow compliment the brightness of Rose Hip perfectly.

Milani Nude Créme
I'm not sure that I've ranted about this enough to y'all, but here we go again. This has become my holy grail nude, even over Soap & Glory's Nudist. The formula is really moisturizing and lasts well. Even when it wears off, it's not a color that you need to reapply as it wears wonderfully. It's new home is in whatever bag I have with me at that moment in time. I'm not sure I can go without this ever again.

Maybelline Pink Pop
When Maybelline launched their Color Sensations Vivid line I went a little cray for it. It's possible I'm still obsessed and eyeing up a few more colors (read: I will own the whole collection at some point). This is a really pigmented baby pink and I love it. This was one of my go-to's last summer, especially if I was keeping the rest of my make up really simple. The best thing about it is that it's a baby pink that won't wash out pale skin tones, which is sometimes hard to accomplish.

Maybelline Coral Ambition
I blame Rachel 1000% for me buying this. Unlike the rest of the products I've talked about, this product is more balm-like and has less pigmentation. I still really love it though. It's another product that lives in whatever bag I'm carrying because it's a good sheer wash of color for days that I'm feeling really lazy.

SWATCHES
Maybelline Coral Ambition, MAC Vegas Volt, Maybelline Pink Pop, Milani Rose Hip, Milani Nude Creme

What are your top 5 lip products?

xx
Tessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment