Tuesday Talk | Spring Lip Color

TORI
MAC's Pink Nouveau
    I really tried to pick a lipstick that wasn't MAC, but here I am. After yesterday's post I thought I would go ahead and pick a spring lip color that wasn't massively bold. Pink Nouveau is a really nice shade of pink. It is just opaque enough to really show through but not in a bubble gum, Barbie pink way. The formula of this is amazing and is actually pretty versatile with different shades of lip liner. My favorites would be Shock Value (MAC) , which will get you to a really bright, neon pink, and Dynamo (MAC).


JENNY
MAC's Girl About Town
This is one of MAC's most popular shades. It's a beautiful fuschia shade that is universally flattering no matter how pale you are. I usually only wear this lipstick if I'm feeling really fancy because I have a Revlon Just Bitten in Crush that is almost an exact dupe for this fuschia and it tends to be easier to apply, although much more drying. This is a darker spring lip color but great for transitioning from winter to spring when you aren't quite feeling the bright corals or tangerines yet!




RACHEL
Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
     I've been keeping things fairly subtle this spring since I faked some actual color as of late (can you even tell in this photo? Nope.) Obviously, this requires a whole new repertoire of shades. I'm usually rushing around and like worrying too much about touch-ups. This is actually my first Lip Butter. Late to the party, I know. It imparts just the right amount of color to warm things up but doesn't look heavy. Plus, it offers some sheen without being so glossy that it makes a mess. P.S. - Revlon is 40% at Ulta right now, so these are even more affordable. Aw yeah.

TESSA
Milani's Nude Creme

Sorry to break the pink trend, ladies. While I am a big fan of bold, statement lips, lately I've been loving a good nude lip. This color is perfect no matter your skin tone - on paler skin tones it is honestly the most perfect nude I've ever come across, and when I'm tanned it pulls a bit more pink but still a flattering nude. I've found that it completes any make up look I've done. These were BOGO 50% off at CVS not too long ago, so be sure to be on the look out for that great deal (I picked up this and Rose Hip, a dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum).

0 comments:

Post a Comment