Recent Favorites | Lifestyle

I haven't shared my favorite things, possibly ever on this blog. So I figured I'd share with you a few of my non-beauty favorites that I've been having a love affair with recently.

Mac OS X 10.9.2 
I somehow had a free software upgrade on my MacBook Pro and I am absolutely in love with it. I bought my laptop before I started college so it was long overdue and I was missing out on some pretty awesome features apparently. One of my favorites is Messages, it just really makes my life more convenient because I'm on my laptop way more than I'm on my phone so it's helpful to be able to reply to messages without having to switch devices. I'm also loving the mail notifications feature, it helps me to know if it's something that needs my attention immediately or if it can wait until later.

Spotify
I know I talk every week about how much I love Spotify, but I've really been loving it even more lately. By the way, if you didn't know, they're now offering Premium at a 50% discount to students and have some of the absolute best customer service around. If you're ever wondering what I'm listening to besides what I post for On Repeat, check out my playlists.

Pinterest
My love affair for Pinterest started back in my freshman year of college. I kind of left it to the side for a while but recently I've found myself spending a lot of time on there. Especially if it's slow at work and I've got my phone charged up enough. I've been on the hunt for a new hair color so Pinterest has been super helpful in the search. (ps - go give me a follow!)

Breakfast Smoothies
Let's just get this out of the way: I'm not a health nut. No matter how hard I try, I just can not give up my terrible eating habits. Recently, I've been trying to be a bit better, which has included incorporating a breakfast of something other than a coffee and granola bar. My usual go-to is pretty simple: a banana, a scoop of vanilla soy protein powder and some vanilla coconut milk. I've been loving these because I can still take them on the go, which is good considering I'm usually running about 30 minutes behind.

Marley Lilly/Monograms
Ask any of the other girls about my obsession with monograms and they'll probably roll their eyes. If I could put a monogram on everything I would (this is also the part of me that loves Lilly Pulitzer and anything preppy). Marley Lilly recently released an app, for free by the way, and not only can you shop, but you can make your own monogramed backgrounds. So naturally I went HAM and have about 20 on my phone now. Whoops. Sorry, not sorry.

My Kindle/Amazon
Amazon is always awesome, but as per my New Years Resolutions, I've been on a reading binge recently. I read through the Divergent trilogy (and also went to see the movie, of course) and am currently on the second book of The Maze Runner series. I've got a wishlist on Amazon.com about 5 pages long of books to read, so hopefully I'll make my way through them soon. I've also been loving my Kindle to work on instead of my laptop, especially if I'm at home hanging out (watching Netflix) and just have a couple quick things to do.

House, M.D.
Speaking of Netflix, let's talk about how the whole House series is now on there. I was in love with this show when it was on air but never really followed it completely, I would just catch episodes here and there. So now I've made it my mission to get through the entire series, start to finish.

Well, that's all from me for this week. What have you been loving recently?

xx
Tessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment