Product Review(s): Concealer

Hello readers! I'm back. School was slowly suffocating me under a mountain of work so I had to take a step back for a while and focus on my studies. I'm so excited to get back to FBG and man, do I have a lot of stuff to catch y'all up on!

To begin with, I bought a couple new concealers at Target when I was home for Spring Break because my trusty Maybelline Undereye Concealer ran out. I decided to switch things up because I hadn't been as impressed with the Maybelline concealer in a while. Soooo I went with a couple new products!

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter in Light
     I've heard some reviews on drugstore dupes for the YSL Touche Eclat but had yet to try any of them out. I was browsing the beauty aisles at Target with Rachel and came across this little gem and she insisted that one of the beauty bloggers she follows had highly recommended it. The consistency is creamy and light but really does a nice job of concealing and brightening the underye area. It doesn't feel dry on my skin and the skintone match is pretty spot on. The only thing I don't like about this product is that I feel that it doesn't quite give you enough bang for your buck. There isn't a lot of product and I believe it cost about $11. Given, it's a dupe for a high, high-end concealer but I'm broke and can't afford that type of ridiculousness. Overall, I'd still recommend it.

Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up in 01 Porcelain
     I really needed a new concealer because the fact that I was using an undereye concealer for acne marks was sloppy and embarrassing as a beauty blogger. The problem is that I have never found a drugstore concealer that really works well for my skintone and stays all day. This concealer is packaged in a pot which is nice but also makes it easy to pick up too much on accident. It's rather opaque and has a good consistency. However, it doesn't last long on my face and it's a little too light for my skintone. I may try the darker one once I tan up a little bit this summer and see how it goes!

Welp, that's all for me today. Do you have any recommendations on drugstore concealers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment