Spring Lip Favorites

Howdy, y'all! I've had this recent issue where I've been using the word y'all on a fairly consistent basis. I'm not entirely sure where the habit originated since I go to school in Maryland but I'm rolling with it. It may just be due to the fact that I'm way too lazy to say "you all" or "you guys". Most of my decisions come down to the amount of effort required in all honesty.

Anyway, with the theme of the week being Spring Lips I decided to round up my favorite lip products of each general "type" for spring. You know what I mean? Lipstick, lip pencil, lip gloss, what have you. So here they are!


Let's start with the basics. My personal favorite lipstick for spring is MAC's Girl About Town. I spoke about this in the Tuesday Talk posted yesterday so I'm not going to go into much detail. Just know that it is the most beautiful fuchsia shade that isn't drying and stays in plays for hours (even without a lip pencil!).


Next up is my most-used lip product, the lip pencil. When I say lip pencil, I don't mean the narrow pencils that most associate with outline their lips. What I mean is those delightful, chubby-stick products that are the most convenient lip product for a girl on the go. I believe I have over five of these products from miscellaneous brands but I still reach for my Revlon Just Bitten in Honey the most. This shade is the perfect mauve nude for my lips (which are naturally pretty red) and allows the perfect amount of color when I'm sleepy or just not feeling like maintaining a bright lip color. I would say this is probably one of only two nudes I have in my entire lip product collection - I find most nudes wash me out completely.

Next up, the lip butter. Revlon started my obsession with these products and since Maybelline came out with their own brand, I've become even more hooked (apparently that was possible). However, the most unfortunate event happened and one of my favorite products, Maybelline's Color Whisper in Orange Ambition, was lost on a night out a couple weeks ago. Cue hysterics. I'm definitely going to need to go out and repurchase it so look out for an update on this post with a picture once it's back in my clutches.


Lip gloss is last but not least. I'm grouping lip stain, gloss, liquid lipstick, etc together because essentially they all begin as a gloss. Personally, I love the Maybelline Color Elixirs. They're glossy but not too sticky and the wear isn't too bad for a drugstore product.  The one I tend to wear the most is Celestial Coral, a gorgeous bright pink that is bright enough for my personal taste but also is easy to reapply and seems more natural than many of my other options. Also, Rachel has mentioned that she prefers the L'Oreal version of these Color Elixirs more so check those out as well!

Well, that's all for me today. Leave a comment on your favorite spring lip product!

xx
Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment