Lip Color Pairing | Bright Pink Glossy Stain


    Here at FBG, it seems that we have all been getting on the lipgloss bandwagon (and I fully blame Essiebutton). At first it was a bit of a struggle to balance everything out and figure out just the right pairing for makeup. I would guess about 90% of my lip color involves stains or a matte finish, so gloss seems downright crazy. Instead of going straight into buying a lot of glosses, I thought I would incorporate products that I am already comfortable with just to help me get used to them. This involved lip pencils. I know a lot of people seem to be terrified of them because they automatically think the colors don't match and they will look like something out of the 80's or 90's. If used correctly, they really enhance the colors in whatever you are using.
     The gloss that really got it started for me was the YSL Glossy Stain. I know I have talked about this before, but it really is just amazing. It does have a bit of that glossy stickiness to it when you first apply it but that quickly sets into a really nice liquid lipstick kind of texture. I only own one of these but I already have a couple more colors that I am eyeing. I own the color 16 Pourpre Preview. I thought I would just show you guys how I typically would wear this. The lip pencil I am using is Dynamo by MAC. This lip pencil just enhances the glossy stain and takes it to a vibrant magenta hue that is just really nice for spring. Not to mention, the lip pencil makes the glossy stain last a bit longer.


What color combinations are you guys loving?
xx Tori

0 comments:

Post a Comment