13 of '13

     No doubt this post has been circulating blogs as of late, so I thought I’d weigh in with my picks of the year. It was actually tough to choose 13 items but I think I’ve nailed what I’ve loved for the past 365.


YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat
     It should come as no surprise that this made the cut; I’ve raved about this long enough. It made a late entrance during 2013 but it’s been a firm staple ever since. My skin looks radiant and healthy – all kudos to this base.

EOS Lip Balm
     Obviously Miley’s endorsement of the brand is the only reason I love these balms. I jest. Still, if I dropped the Burt’s Bees and swapped it for these lil’ eggs I have to love them. I have tried six flavors thus far and am yet to be disappointed.

Real Techniques Brushes
     Makeup is made so much simpler with the proper tools – enter this impeccably designed line of brushes. Sam and Nic Chapman have put out a quality, affordable line. Special mention goes to the Buffing Brush and the Base Shadow Brush which have served me well all year.

Organix Moroccan Surf Paste
     I mentioned this a while back and would still recommend it for all hair types. It adds a subtle texture without drying or knotting the hair. I finish all my styles with this pomade, and the price point is well justified too.

Remington Curling Wand
     I don’t know that I’ve ever mentioned this before, but it has become a staple for me. I received this for Christmas last year and it completely changed how I style my hair. I’d never been able to hold a curl until this came along. I can finish undone waves in about 15 minutes and not worry they’ll fall out all day.

Seventh Generation Revitalizing Boost
     I cannot offer enough praise for this facial oil. I recommend these to anyone who asks (just ask Tori & Jen). I’ve noticed my skin is consistently well-hydrated and blemishes/scars heal much faster. Their line can cater to anyone’s needs without a hefty price tag.

Minnetonka Moccasins
     These are easily my go-to shoe of the year. They err toward the side of slipper and I wore these as long as the weather allowed. They’ve been a good alternative to sandals or ballet flats and I will most definitely purchase a new pair come summer.

Casio Watch
     I’ve become one of those people who are distraught when they leave the house without a watch. Essentially, my mother. I like the functionality because I’m usually lackadaisical in digging my phone out from the depths of my purse (or I’ve misplaced it). Plus, my style is fairly minimalistic so a watch is a nice
accessory. I rotate frequently between my collection, but I think I’ve turned to my Casio the most.

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
     After weighing the rave reviews and tales of caution in regard to this varnish, I finally scored a free bottle months back. Now I’m skeptical as to whether I could continue manicures sans Seche Vite. It cut the drying time in half, I have no issues with bubbling or smearing, and the finish is glossy. Unfortunately, it does nothing to extend the longevity of my polish – but I ignore that for the convenience.

Essie Ladylike
     I rotate between polishes year round so nothing stands out as my most used. However, I have loved this hue every time I’ve donned it. It is the perfect nude with a hint of color and suits my complexion. Essie: you shits better never discontinue this.

MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork
     This was my first foray into the formula, my collection growing ever since. Groundwork remains my favorite. It’s a soft, satin brown that provides just the right amount of definition. High marks.

MAC Eyeshadow
     This year, I finally ventured into the world of MAC. Not long ago I binge-purchased some shadows and I love every shade I own. I don’t need to speak to the formula as it’s established as quality. This autumn I relied solely upon a select few shadows: Star Violet, Sumptuous Olive, Club, Antiqued, and
Woodwinked.

Miss Dior Eau de Parfum
     This is the first “sophisticated” perfume I’d ever purchased for myself. I’ve only had it a few months but I’ve worn nothing else since. It’s the right blend of sweetness and musk, which I will continue to repurchase again and again.

I would lurv to know what you were all into last year! 
Auf Weidersehen,

xx
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment