Recent Purchases #2









As mentioned in my last post, I'll be mentioning/ briefly reviewing a product I bought last Saturday. I was completely torn between the Rouge Dior Couture Color Lipstick in Mauve Mystère and the YSL Glossy Stain in Pourpre Preview. Alas, the YSL won out due to my adventurous mood (yea, gloss is adventurous, okaaii?). The color was really unique and I had heard great things about this glossy stain. My problem with gloss is that I don't like how it feels, however, once this gloss "dries" it doesn't feel like anything is on your lips. I wore this color to work the other day and it lasted all day without the drying feel of a lipstick. (I'm still getting the Dior one though). All in all, I really like this product because it is long lasting and is vibrantly pigmented. I really want Peachy Coral from this line (so feel free to buy it for me). 

The next product is the Real Techniques Silicone Eyeliner Brush. I debated this purchase for a bit just because eyeliner has become a foreign thing to me. With my shaky logic, I figured that this brush would be just  the thing to get me back on my eyeliner game. This brush is easy to use and does an extremely nice job guiding the perfect flick for a cat eye. Either that or I must have woke up with surgeon-steady hands, but I bet on the brush. That being said, I'm not sure if it's the eyeliner I am using or what, but I feel like I had to coat this on. It definitely needs to be a gel or paint pot or something of the sort. When I used a cream eyeliner it didn't go on as dark as I wanted and I ended up reaching for my Stila liquid liner to finish the job.

I'm extremely confused by this next product. The Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner in Navy has really amazing reviews on Ulta, but I'm not a massive fan. This was a pretty impulsive buy and I didn't read the reviews before picking it up or hearing much about it. The reviews all claim it has a bold color but I'm not seeing it. I tried applying it with two different brushes and layering it on, but it definitely was not navy, but more cerulean. Needless to say, I was kind of disappointed to see it wasn't as bold as the reviews exclaimed, but I'll keep trying and let you know. 

This last product is one I have been wanting to try for awhile. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream has been talked about a lot on YouTube and for some reason I just never got around to buying it. I have seen a couple reviews and swatches of Istanbul and finally nabbed it the other day. This definitely lives up to its name. It has the matte factor of a lipstick while feeling like a lip balm. It is pretty pigmented for the price and is somewhat long lasting. Even though it doesn't last as long as a lipstick does, it is way easier to quickly apply than lipstick. I absolutely will be picking up other colors from this range. 

What makeup or skincare have you guys picked up?
xx Tori

0 comments:

Post a Comment