Tuesday Talk | Winter Blush

tessa
Cargo's Mendocino
     I'm not much of a blush junkie, but this is easily a winner for my winter favorite (mostly because I only own like 10 blushes. Whatever). I believe I talked about this in my fall edit, and my love for it applies just the same in winter. It's the perfect dusty rose color and gives the most natural pink flush. As usual, I kept the rest of my make up minimal, using my Naked Basics palette for my eyes and my usual EM Cosmetics Mascara that I can't seem to go a single post without mentioning. Seeing as today is the first day of classes and effort was an all around no, I just stuck with a Maybelline Baby Lips in Melon for my lip choice of the day. And yes, the picture is a campus bathroom selfie. You're all welcome for that.



tori
Mac's Stubborn
     Like Tessa, blush is not my forte. However, when I saw Stubborn, I knew I needed it. Not only because the name matches my personality, but it's a beautiful wine colored blush. Since this is a darker blush, I typically wear it with minimal makeup; Mascara and foundation minimal. This blush achieves the whole, "just in from the cold" look effortlessly.



rachel
MAC's Breath of Plum
     In recent months, I've really gotten quite into blush. This was the first shade l purchased and it's been a staple ever since. I love the sheer-tone formula because it looks natural and is difficult to overdo it on the cheeks. It works well to brighten up the face (which is much appreciated during winter), but is still more unique than a typical pink blush. I can achieve a subtle glow or a bolder look with some building. Today, I applied just a wash to pair with some subtle brown eyes (gracias, Groundwork paintpot) and bare lips.

jen
Tarte's 12-Hour Blush in Exposed
     Unlike the other three girls, I went through a major blush obsession about a year or two ago. It was a serious problem in my life for a while there. Among the purchases were two Tarte blushes which are just as amazing as the hype suggests. The other one I bought (which was a close second for today's post) is Natural Beauty, one of my favorite blushes of all time. However, Exposed has been rediscovered recently and I forgot how amazing it is. I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup recently and it wakes up my face just enough to face the winter blues. I also believe that it would look amazing on any skin tone because of how neutral it is. I kept the rest of my face pretty natural with the same routine I've been wearing in most of my posts the past month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment