Tuesday Talk | Winter Lips

     Haaaallo lovelies! We're proud to announce a new weekly feature on FBG, coming to you each and every Tuesday. Like On Repeat, we'll be collaboratively posting about anything from beauty to movies. We've deemed this the week to share our favorite winter lipsticks, but we'd love to hear your suggestions as well! I'd say c u next Tuesday, but...you know.

rachel
Revlon Black Cherry
     This is an oldie, but one I can depend on for a vampy lip. The Super Lustrous line has a creamy texture, so I do tend to blot this down. Still, it earns bonus points for versatility. Dabbed on it's a sheer berry stain but can be built up to full opacity. Since I went the dramatic route, I kept the rest of my face simple. For base I used a minute amount of Revlon Colorstay (the normal/dry formulation). Dark lipstick has a way of emphasizing my dead eyes and thus, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser to the rescue. I wanted to slightly define the eyes, opting for the medium-toned, matte taupe Get Ahead from Bare Minerals. I finished with a swipe of MAC Gigablack mascara and NYX cream blush in Boho Chic (to restore some color to my pallid, pallid face). Fin.

jenny
BITE BEAUTY High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb
     Excuse the messy hair, I'm about to run out the door to get my haircut so didn't see the point in making it all fancy. I chose this lip color (graciously given to me by Tori - I am in love with it) because it's one that will work when you need to be somewhere official and look put together. I have an appointment with a school advisor today so I didn't find it appropriate to go too vampy but this is a good balance. I think this shade is definitely more of a winter or fall color... it would look weird with lighter fabrics. Or maybe that's just me. For the rest of my face, I used Revlon Colorstay for Combinatin/Oily skin (new fave drugstore foundation), kept my eyes bare, some Cailyn liquid eyeliner, and did my brows up reaaaaallll nice-like. I put some shimmery eyeshadow along my bottom lash-line to open up the eyes a bit and then used Tarte 24-Hour Blush in Exposed to brighten up the cheeks. Prettay simple!

tessa
Wet N Wild Black Orchid 
    This is easily my favorite lip color in my collection, and also the one I get the most compliments on. Best part? It's only $1 at the drugstore. Bless you, Wet N Wild, for making cheap and fabulous make up. Black Orchid is a deep, dark red, pretty similar to Revlon Black Cherry or a number of MAC shades. It easily gives a little extra to any basic make up look (aka my entire life). For the rest of my face, I kept it very simple using my trusty Covergirl Whipped foundation (with my Real Techniques sponge that I am in awe with, Thanks Rach), a Color Workshop blush (don't have color name sorry!) and used NYC's Sunny Bronzer in my crease with Urban Decay's Venus all over, and finally topped off with EM Cosmetic's Lash Gallery Volume. My brows, as always, are courtesy of Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Auburn. Quick and easy.

tori
MAC Cyber
I'm a bit late on this post, lo siento. Notice all of the red lips? Well mine only varies slightly. I am a sucker for all things bold lips and Cyber is no exception. However, in this post I just wore it as a stain with a bit of my Orange Baby Lips over it. I would normally wear it in all its bold glory, however this wasn't the lip color I started today with. When I do wear this color full on I tend to have golden eyes a la Lorde (because her minimal makeup is always on point).

0 comments:

Post a Comment